Saturday July 29: sellout crowd, national TV as Orioles try to win series and season series from Yankees

SteveA

Let's remember, Cole Irvin allowed 5 hits and a walk while only getting 4 outs. He caused that jam overall. He just can't pitch in the AL East. Elias needs to find better. His only trade of the offseason of moving prospects for pitching sucked.

1 minute ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

This bullpen will sink the Orioles in the playoffs assuming they make it that far without any changes. I don't think my nerves can handle Bryan Baker coming into a tie game during the fifth inning with the bases loaded in October.

As much as I love this team and love the future, I don't see them as a deep playoff threat unless middle relief is addressed heavily. They don't have an offense that is going to blow people out, so games are going to remain to be close. That means unless you get great starting pitching that goes 6+, you are playing with fire.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Billy F-Face3 said:

We've seen the Orioles hang crooked numbers on the Yankees this late in the game before this season... I would like to hold out hope for them and see them do that again, but if it's going to be possible, the Orioles have to keep getting Yankees out.

At this point at least make them sweat.