How disappointed will you be if we dont make any major moves, or ANY moves?

Roy Firestone

11 minutes ago, Frobby said:

And, I like the move we made already a lot, just as much (probably more) than if we’d made that move today instead of last week.  We’ve already made a good move to help the pen. 

Agreed.  I think a lot of folks are forgetting that we made this deal.

6 minutes ago, Number5 said:

Agreed.  I think a lot of folks are forgetting that we made this deal.

I haven't forgotten, I just think we've always needed another reliever. Preferably one who is a pretty sure thing to count on. 

I will say, if we get a SP, there exists the possibility that we move Wells to the bullpen. Same for Means and Hall and Givens. It's just that that trio really shouldn't be counted on for much. 

But getting a SP would help the bullpen issue. I think they need both, and I think they know that. 

5 minutes ago, interloper said:

I haven't forgotten, I just think we've always needed another reliever. Preferably one who is a pretty sure thing to count on. 

I will say, if we get a SP, there exists the possibility that we move Wells to the bullpen. Same for Means and Hall and Givens. It's just that that trio really shouldn't be counted on for much. 

But getting a SP would help the bullpen issue. I think they need both, and I think they know that. 

Of course.  I'm referring to folks saying that we've done nothing - which is just plain untrue.

• Upvote 1

With the bullpen struggles and SP tiring, Wells being sent down etc., I will be VERY disappointed if at least a small move or two is not made esp w/ pitching. I am sure Elias was only thinking "get to the playoffs" as a preseason goal, but this team can legit get to the WS. But it requires some tweaking and upgrading. And can't just assume Means, Hall, etc coming back would be the same thing. Can't assume anything w them coming off injury.

I would be very disappointed and I suspect more than a few guys in the clubhouse would be disappointed.  

This team has a chance to make a deep run in the playoffs, but it's clear that they need a reliable 8th inning bullpen arm and another starter who is at least as good as pre-July Tyler Wells.  They have more trade currency than any other team.  Other contending teams are making trades, and on the whole they do not appear to be gross overpays.  There is no reason and no excuse for the Orioles to not make a fair trade that addresses their needs.  

7 hours ago, Roy Firestone said:

I think Elias MUST add a reasonably solid reliever, maybe a left-hander if possible. We simply dont know Elias' financial constraints with Angelos. My guess is that Elias will not go bold and hope that we can get Means and GRod continues to pitch well at high innings count...would not be terrible to get an innings eater. Im not sure we're going to blow anyone's minds before Tuesday night. I think we also dont know how much other teams want from us, for mainly rentals....

If we are that tight on financial constraints that we can’t even add a rental player we have no hope of competing in the future because the talent will start costing us even once some of the guys hit arbitration.   Maybe we can’t add Verlander and 30+ million over next year or two but some rentals that will cost less then 5 million this year.