Saturday, August 5: Orioles vs Mets, celebration of 1983 World Champions

SteveA

1 hour ago, Sydnor said:

In Norfolk. Kjerstad laced a line drive to right center for a triple. Joey followed up with a hard hit double to left. Almost had a HR earlier in the AB, but it hooked foul.

DL Hall is sitting 96-97 on the stadium gun. Just got a guy looking at 97 on the outside corner. Mostly changeup for the secondary. Maybe 1 curve so far. Not a lot of command of the changeup. The curve got hit hard, but Ortiz made a very nice play to his left.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Sydnor said:

DL Hall is sitting 96-97 on the stadium gun. Just got a guy looking at 97 on the outside corner. Mostly changeup for the secondary. Maybe 1 curve so far. Not a lot of command of the changeup. The curve got hit hard, but Ortiz made a very nice play to his left.

As I write this, he throws 2 tremendous changeups with fade. Changeup was about 85.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Winter said:

i guess hes doing the radio feed, on a routine rotation 

Well, it's been Scott Garceau, Geoff Arnold, Brett Hollander and Melanie Newman, but I haven't heard Kevin.  

And he last tweeted in mid July, after being a very regular poster on that site. 

I haven't seen that he's doing anything for ESPN, tho I may have missed that. 

Maybe he's just on vacation, but it just seems really weird for him to have just disappeared.

2 minutes ago, justD said:

Well, it's been Scott Garceau, Geoff Arnold, and Melanie Newman, but I haven't heard Kevin.  

And he last tweeted in mid July, after being a very regular poster on that site. 

I haven't seen that he's doing anything for ESPN, tho I may have missed that. 

Maybe he's just on vacation, but it just seems really weird for him to have just disappeared.

Is he not doing the radio?  If he is totally gone it would be odd.  

Only reason to be quiet about the change is if maybe he had some family issues or was sick himself.  Or he did something the club didnt like.  Otherwise I think they would of told us why he isnt here.