Wednesday, August 9: Orioles try to bounce back after tough loss to Astros

SteveA

6 minutes ago, Alasdaire said:

We're 2-6 against Atlanta, LA, and Houston. After tomorrow we'll be 2-7 or 3-6. Adding a seventh-inning reliever is not flipping two or three games our way. We need experience and roster-wide talent upgrades that aren't available at the trade deadline.

Baker blew one of the Dodgers games if memory serves correct and we should have won yesterday. So that would be the 2 games right there. Our bullpen also blew one of the games to Atlanta with the Pillar home run…. 

4 minutes ago, Gurgi said:

Well John was talking before the season that the team had over performed and now was not the time to spend.  He said we could spend but not now.  

I think Elias thought we had over performed.  John is to stupid to know what that means.  I think Elias didnt think it was ready to go all in.  

And Elias said we will be a draft and develop team.   I dont think he believes in trying to get an mega star at the trade deadline that will cost lots of prospects.  

They are very deliberate and are not flinching from their plan.  Winning this year would be gravy but they are not going to risk their prospect horde to do it.  

An impact reliever at the deadline was not going to break the farm system.  I wasn't suggesting trading for Ohtani even if he was available.  And if we trust Elias with the farm system then he can replace those parts he's traded away.  I also have grave doubts that John Angelos will ever spend.