Cease vs everyone else

Sports Guy

2 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

With hindsight being 20/20, who here would’ve traded Joey Ortiz for Jordan Montgomery at last season’s trade deadline?

That should be the majority of the board’s reality check. And I like Joey Ortiz. 

But you don't get to make moves with hindsight.  That's reality.

12 minutes ago, Malike said:

I would much rather pay the appropriate prospect tab for Luzardo, and Miami claims everyone but Perez is on the table.  

What is the appropriate prospect tab for an extra year with Luzardo? If you were the GM of the Marlins what is your ask? 

12 minutes ago, SoxFan3344 said:

What is the appropriate prospect tab for an extra year with Luzardo? If you were the GM of the Marlins what is your ask? 

I would delve into anyone not named Holliday for Luzardo.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Malike said:

I would much rather pay the appropriate prospect tab for Luzardo, and Miami claims everyone but Perez is on the table.  

Mayo and Luzardo golfing together the other day couldn't have hurt, as it can matter who is friends with who.     

We haven't discussed Bradfield much relative to Cowser/Kjerstad as he seems so clearly Elias' CF long-term plan, but assuming Peter Bendix builds a Miami roster in the classic Raysian, run prevention is cost efficient style, he might value Bradfield high relative to the savages.

It will be interesting to see if coming off the playoff berth Kim Ng got the Marlins to whether Bendix still positions 2024 as a down year with Sandy Alcantara absent.   On paper the 5th best National League team doesn't look that tough, and they'll let 6 in the playoffs.

5 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Exactly. Even with hindsight a majority of the board wouldn’t have traded Joey Ortiz for Jordan Montgomery last year at the deadline.

Ok, I guess we're on the same page then.  I was misreading the point you were trying to make.

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

Mostly keep the Rangers from facing the O's in the playoffs.

He'd probably start over Kremer in a playoff series.

The first part we're starting to get into a butterfly effect that I won't attempt to unravel.

Regarding the second, yeah, he probably starts game three for us.  We scored one run.  What are the odds he throws a shut out?

Then we're out Joey Ortiz, and we didn't improve our situation at all.

The Montgomery trade worked out well for the Texas Rangers.

It has absolutely no bearing on any moves the Orioles should be making.