Cease vs everyone else

Sports Guy

43 minutes ago, ChicagoTerp said:

I think Povich, while painful, is someone I'm willing to trade for Cease. Given how long pitchers can take to develop in the majors, just seems like his window may not line up quite with ours. Not with both Westburg and Cowser though. Kjerstad is untouchable for Cease, IMO. Maybe for Luzardo, but even then I'm not sure.

My stance is Elias can make these decisions and I’ll assume he made a good one.  For me, I’d be willing to trade Povich.  I like McDermott more and I don’t see it with Povich.   It’s all about the heat.  I don’t think Povich has enough.

8 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

My stance is Elias can make these decisions and I’ll assume he made a one.  For me, I’d be willing to trade Povich.  I like McDermott more and I don’t see it with Povich.   It’s all about the heat.  I don’t think Povich has enough.

Povich's a lefty though they dont need as much velocity to get by (pitch shapes, muscle memory geared towards RHP's  etc.) or so I've read. So if he's a few MPH less, its not as significant than if he was RH.

10 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Trade offers:

1) Cowser and Ortiz

2) Kjerstad and Ortiz

3) Cowser, Ortiz and Povich

4) Kjerstad, Ortiz, Povich

5) Westburg, Beavers, Povich and Norby

Are you make some, all or none of those deals?

None.  #5 is the best for the Orioles imo.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, RZNJ said:

I am rooting for a Skubal, Luzardo, or Bieber trade.  Luzardo and Skubal are 27 yo LHP with 3 years of service time.  Easier to justify a high price.  Bieber, who there seems to be little buzz on, should be the cheapest to acquire, comes with the most injury risk, but still capable, if healthy, of putting up a big season.   I so want these obnoxious WS fans to get a crappy deal now or no deal at all.  

We should just sign Clevinger to a 1-2 year deal. He is healthy and pitched 130 innings . He should be able to go 150-160. His ERA was 2.84 with a 2.35 FIP

28 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Trade offers:

1) Cowser and Ortiz

2) Kjerstad and Ortiz

Ortiz, Norby, Povich, and a 4th. I don’t think they’ll get better.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Trade offers:

1) Cowser and Ortiz

2) Kjerstad and Ortiz

I begrudgingly do 1, 2, and 5.  No on 3 and 4, since 1 and 2 is basically at my limit. 

35 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Trade offers:

1) Cowser and Ortiz

2) Kjerstad and Ortiz

1 is the only one I'd even consider but I'm still not that big on Cease.  I'm not a believer that Cowser will be an impact MLBer.  I'd never send Kjerstad or Westburg to the CWS for Cease and I'd only consider Povich if he was the headliner in the deal.

51 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Trade offers:

1) Cowser and Ortiz

2) Kjerstad and Ortiz

If push came to shove, I would do the first 4 but maybe not #5.   I like Westburg more than Ortiz and I believe Beavers will have current Cowser status by next winter.  Assuming I’m in the minority on most of these.

32 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

We should just sign Clevinger to a 1-2 year deal. He is healthy and pitched 130 innings . He should be able to go 150-160. His ERA was 2.84 with a 2.35 FIP

Where do you go for stats?

They keep saying they want a top prospect and Cowser who has a FV of 60 and would instantly be their top prospect, because their top 10 is full of garbage 45/50 FV types isn't good enough?

I hope this trade happens with another team so we can move on and they can keep being a doormat in the Central. I'd reluctantly do number 1, but their team would still be a huge number 2.

1 hour ago, Sports Guy said:

Trade offers:

1) Cowser and Ortiz

2) Kjerstad and Ortiz

None. I've had it at this point. The White Sox can have Cease. The Yankees can even have him. I don't care anymore. 

1. Sign a #3 like Stroman or a #4 like Manaea or Lorenzen or Ryu.

2. Ride with our rotation and hope Means is giving you a strong bounceback. 

3. Bolster the bullpen depth. 

4. Flip spare parts and out of options relievers - Urias, Baumann, Webb, Mateo, Stowers, etc. - for young international guys or a reliever or whatever. 

5. Ortiz and Wetburg on the roster, Kjerstad on the roster. Cowser, Norby, Mayo, and Holliday in AAA as stupidly good depth.

6. See what's up at the deadline. 

7. Dong bong and middle fingers. 

Edited by interloper
  • Upvote 2

I still think the O's should go all in on Hader. Then trade for Devin Williams and Corbin Burnes. Gives us a great chance to win the WS in 2024, but with that 2025 Bullpen of Wiliams, Hader, and Bautista; we're probably winning the World Series

1 hour ago, Sports Guy said:

Trade offers:

1) Cowser and Ortiz

2) Kjerstad and Ortiz

Only #5.  No to 1 through 4.