2023-2024 Terps Basketball

Jagwar

On 2/8/2024 at 3:51 AM, Oriole4Life said:

After watching Maryland lose at home to Rutgers a couple of days ago, I am sure this is a wasted season.  Offense is so putrid to watch, no one can create shots, and when guys do get open shots they either pass them up or brick.  

Gonna have to win 3 out of the next 4 to even be remotely in the conversation for the tournament, and that is highly unlikely.

Another loss yesterday to the Buckeyes. I can't see the Terps making the tournament barring some miracle in the Big10 Tournament. Next year looks bad too, with all of the graduations and another weak recruiting class (Queen ain't signing with the Terps IMO).

Willard will likely be the coach next year, but if the team struggles again, and he doesn't add recruits, I'm guessing he's gone after next season.  

• 1 month later...

Update:

Julian Reese is coming back for his senior season, which is huge.  Him and Queen could be an interesting pairing that could cause matchup problems for the opposing team.  Now if Reese could at least hit like 65% of his free throws...

Two significant transfers, Ja'Kobi Gillespie, a PG from Belmont and Rodney Rice, a SG from Virginia Tech.  Both should provide some much-needed shooting/scoring.  Gillespie is ranked 18th overall in the transfer portal by 247.

Kaiser, Lamothe, Batchelor, and Swanton-Roger gone.  I believe there are two scholarships open.

1 hour ago, Oriole4Life said:

Update:

Julian Reese is coming back for his senior season, which is huge.  Him and Queen could be an interesting pairing that could cause matchup problems for the opposing team.  Now if Reese could at least hit like 65% of his free throws...

Two significant transfers, Ja'Kobi Gillespie, a PG from Belmont and Rodney Rice, a SG from Virginia Tech.  Both should provide some much-needed shooting/scoring.  Gillespie is ranked 18th overall in the transfer portal by 247.

Kaiser, Lamothe, Batchelor, and Swanton-Roger gone.  I believe there are two scholarships open.

Willard's recruiting is really poor, and I hate the reliance on transfers.