Potential Trade Target: Freddy Peralta

Sports Guy

30 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Seems safe to say that practically any make-believe trade on here this offseason will revolve around the Orioles trading some variation of Cowser/Norby/Ortiz/Stowers 

Urias or Mateo could be involved in that conversation too. Urias has more value, I think. But you never know until you know the trade partner GM you're dealing with.

1 hour ago, Moose Milligan said:

Seems safe to say that practically any make-believe trade on here this offseason will revolve around the Oriol es trading some variation of Cowser/Norby/Ortiz/Stowers 

Stowers is a throw-in at this point, but honestly the O's should be able to get a very good pitcher with 2 or more years of team control for a package including two or three of Cowser, Ortiz and Norby.  Many people rank all three in the O's top 10 and at least two of them are consensus top 100 prospects, if not top 50.    If Peralta has three years of control left, I would give up all three.  

14 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

The issue with Peralta isn’t performance but its availability and durability. Those 2 things really hurt his value imo.

Now, saying that, I say that to mean he can still fetch a very good package but the idea of getting Holliday is laughable.

Had he not had those issues, a prospect at the level of Holliday would be worth discussing.  One season of being durable doesn’t erase a career of not being durable and in that season, he still only pitched 165 innings.

I personally question if he should be traded right now myself. Do you take advantage of the durability he had last year and sell high now or do you wait and see if that durability continues and sell even higher at the deadline?  

The Cubs are going to go big this offseason. St Louis won’t be as bad and Cinci is coming.

Milwaukee already knowing they don’t have woodruff and likely trading Burnes probably knocks them out of any contention for next year.

So, the only reason you keep him is to hope his value increases. It could but it’s a big gamble.

I know he's had some injuries, but weren't the Brewers overly protective of Peralta's those first few seasons when they were transitioning him from a RP to a SP? And I didn't say he was worth Holliday, I just said that's who the Brewers would ask for (first).  If the O's do their due diligence and he checks out health wise I'd personally have no problem giving up Westurg and Cowser for him. I think a package centered around those two is fair value for a young controllable pitcher. 

19 minutes ago, HakunaSakata said:

I know he's had some injuries, but weren't the Brewers overly protective of Peralta's those first few seasons when they were transitioning him from a RP to a SP? And I didn't say he was worth Holliday, I just said that's who the Brewers would ask for (first).  If the O's do their due diligence and he checks out health wise I'd personally have no problem giving up Westurg and Cowser for him. I think a package centered around those two is fair value for a young controllable pitcher. 

Well a team can always ask for anything. We have heard that enough over the years. But brewers fans seem to think Holliday or Gunnar should be the return, much less what they go after.

I would deal Cowser and Westburg for him.