Thursday afternoon May 2: Battle for First Place with MFYs

SteveA

6 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I don't care about being wrong on here.  I also really don't care when others are wrong on here, either.  Kinda fun every once in awhile to point it out to bust some balls but this seems exhausting, especially when your chosen target would never concede to being wrong in the first place.

Glad to see you keeping a high pettiness level though.

At least F Face found it amusing 

Ump stole a W from Bradish. That was the only negative today.

This series should quiet the debate for now about who is the best team. NYY had an easy schedule and lots of breaks (as in the Brewers series).

4 minutes ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

I was speaking more broadly of the fact he did not use Mike Baumann. 

Akin>Coulombe>Webb>Perez

He used our better options.

Baumann threw 24 pitches and pitched 2 innings last night.   Doubt he was ever available.

He didn't use Kimbrel.   

I don't know if Suarez and/or Wells is out in the bullpen yet, though I expect they will be soon.

If they weren't, then Hyde used all available relievers except Kimbrel.

15 minutes ago, Mooreisbetter27 said:

I just read that Sotos triple would’ve been a hr in 29/30 ballparks. LOL. Man I hope he’s shuffling in the dugout thinking about that. 

A triple's pretty good, too bad the guy behind him is hitting .197.

Mateo played well both offensively and defensively in this series. He's a nice utility guy. 

Now if we could get Mayo at 3B, move Westburg to 2B we'd really be in for a show.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Mayo coming back from injury could have his debut in Baltimore delayed. 
    • Wasn't a huge fan of his swing for that last out today but coming in to pinch hit with 2 outs isn't easy.
    • Interpreting Malike's comment that way is theoretically possible, but I didn't take it that way--didn't feel that shade was being thrown on me at all. But thanks for the concern.
    • People are being a bit ridiculous with the holier than thou takes criticizing a little humor. I am not saying what happened couldn’t cause a significant concussion, but it would be a bit of a fluke if it did. Mullins barely hit him with the bat and he had a helmet on. The fact that it was in the back of the head did make him more vulnerable, but this wasn’t the type of thing you see and think he was lucky to be alive.  Guys have probably hit their heads harder on the top of the dugout or on the fence making catches.  And note this comes from someone whose son has suffered severe concussions and who is well aware of the dangers associated with them. In short, people need to lighten up a bit on guys like Roy.  It was a little gallows humor. 
    • Yeah, you read that wrong. LA2 is one of my favorite posters here and he knows it. No harm, no foul. If you aren't familiar with the game threads, it doesn't matter what the team is doing, people complain about it and people did make that same joke in the game thread long before Roy said it here. Game thread in summary - when the O's are not doing well, it's insufferable, when they are doing well, it's mildly less insufferable. There, that wasn't hard. I'd appreciate it if you didn't assume I'm throwing shade at people. I'll leave that up to you to do, you're really good at it.
    • Comp a. Like Gunnar, and beavers…
    • Wasn't Westburg a 2nd round draft pick?  It's a little early to judge last year's draft.
  • Popular Contributors