Cade Povich 2024

Pickles

9 hours ago, maybenxtyr said:

Just bumping this back up. 5.2 today and more importantly only 1 walk. He's probably going to stay in the rotation when Kremer gets back and Suarez to the BP. All of that could change obviously.

He definitely should be the #5 for the time being. The Suarez experiment needs to end when Kremer comes back, especially since the team needs his arm in the pen and can’t go back to the 6 man rotation.

On 6/20/2024 at 1:08 PM, Billy F-Face3 said:

So when Dean Kremer comes back, do we option Povich or do we DFA/option a relief pitcher and move Suarez into the bullpen?

Should Cade Povich stay in the rotation the rest of the season and continue his development?

This seems like a challenging decision to make. Hassle free option on a good developing young pitcher risking slowing down his MLB development, or risk losing a reliever to waivers.

Suarez to the pen, option a reliever.

• Upvote 1

Jose Ramirez homering third time through the order is about as cliche as a Vladimir Guerrero 3-run HR after walking a couple bottom of lineup guys.

I'd guess it might need only about 3 more combined Grayson bad, Povich good games to draw 2025's opening day starter gig into competition.

The weeks leading into the All-Star break before much trade cavalry arrives are some of the toughest grind for everyone in the league - many other times of year you'd have a stronger middle reliever for Ramirez in the 6th of a 2-2 game.    But as Loki told Thanos, experience is experience.

1 hour ago, Sports Guy said:

I missed a lot of the start last night but sounds like he had a lot of command of his pitchers.  His final line was pretty solid. More of that and Povich stays in the rotation all year.

You checked out the box score for Povich stats this morning? 🤣 I kid I kid, that was just too easy

• Haha 1