Sunday 6/23 vs. Houston

elextrano8

1 minute ago, Moshagge3 said:

The best part was that with a man on in the 8th, Soto stepped out of the batter's box but the ump never granted time. The pitcher threw it right down the middle and Soto struck out looking to end the inning.

Wow. I saw them talking about something in the 9th inning. Unreal. 

18 minutes ago, Malike said:

He can't trade without the owner, read, Angelos signing off on it. I'm sure they didn't want to gut the farm before they sold the team.

That’s plausible, but then why was he allowed to trade Ortiz and Hall? The draft pick is important, but irrelevant to this particular question. And Ortiz has been outstanding for the brewers, so it wasnt a question of mike just dumping someone.

And it hasn’t needed Angelo’s signature since early April, either.

2 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Yeah, not sure why Suarez was not brought out to start the 6th. Seems like he's going to run out a bunch of guys today to fill four innings. 

I mean, if you are going to take an ass whopping, don't blow through your pen while doing it.

Makes me think he is going to pitch Kimbrel. 

11 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I fully believe all teams cheat whenever they think they can get away with it.

Agreed, but there's a red line, and the Astros crossed it. This was stated by the majority of baseball players and coaches, and I trust their judgement. The Astros knew well they were pushing the envelope, and they probably were warned by many people to stop it, and didn't.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, RavensNOsGuy said:

What a disaster of a weekend. It’s gonna get real dicey unless we make a trade soon. We have no one after Burnes and Grod. When we lose both of their starts back to back it’s not gonna be a good week.

The problem is not many teams are selling yet and to land a pitcher like Crochet it’s going to require an overpay. Plus who knows how many innings Crochet can pitch until he gets shelved for the season. 

8 minutes ago, Philip said:

That’s plausible, but then why was he allowed to trade Ortiz and Hall? The draft pick is important, but irrelevant to this particular question. And Ortiz has been outstanding for the brewers, so it wasnt a question of mike just dumping someone.

And it hasn’t needed Angelo’s signature since early April, either.

There was no place for Ortiz on this team. They wanted an Ace and got one for a guy who wasn't going to find time on the ML team and an oft-hurt reliever. He didn't have to touch a marquee prospect to get Burnes.

20 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

I know we have already discussed this but you are expecting Elias to move before seeing things unfold. 

It made no sense to bank on Bradish. I’ll agree there. 

I am saying that Mike knew enough that he should’ve moved earlier, but chose not to.

Malike suggested that Mike’s hands were tied, and to an extent that might be true, but he was allowed to make the Burnes trade, and Angelos has been out of the picture since the beginning of the season anyway.

Even at the beginning of the season, we didn’t have eight starters that we could rely on.

Burnes, GRod, Kremer,Irwin, Suarez? And Suarez a complete gamble? That’s four plus one.

You agree that it was unwise to depend on Bradish, but Means and Wells were already suspect, and Wells especially has been on and off the IL since his first TJ.