7/5 Orioles begin their last series ever in Oakland

SteveA

1 minute ago, HowAboutThat said:

He was a valuable part of our playoff teams, and although I haven’t, I need to go compare his performance to Akins’

We have other more pressing needs, but I wouldn’t mind having him back. I was quite fond of him.

Platonically, of course.

Oh, good, I was wondering.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Moshagge3 said:

Suarez had been very lucky on his HR/FB ratio. When you give up fly balls, some of them are going to leave the park.

Oh, for sure.  And I’ve been waiting for it.  His BB/9 has been a little above career #s so nice to see he didn’t have a ton of traffic and the HRs were both solos. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• As I've mentioned previously on this board, Mullins needs to be made into the full-time 4th OF immediately. It's ridiculous that Hyde and Elias have mishandled and benched Kjerstad so much when he's a difference-making bat. And it's also bad roster management to have been benching Cowser more often recently. Cowser is a fine defensive CF, has clearly better offensive numbers than Mullins, has gotten unlucky, and has good underlying metrics which suggest he has even more offensive upside to tap into. He needs to be this team's full-time CF as soon as possible. Mullins is a clearly declining player. It's time to make a change. Mullins would be one of the very best 4th OF's in baseball, and can play regularly as a late-game defensive replacement for Kjerstad (pushing Cowser back to LF when Mullins comes into games). Mullins would also be a great pinch-runner for late game situations, making Jorge Mateo even more obsolete after Coby Mayo is called up.
    • Best wishes Chuck, your highlights/recaps are always a “must see” each day.
    • How many holes do other teams have since we have one of best records in baseball this season?    Amazingly we have one of the best staffs in baseball yet everyone keeps saying how awful it is.  
    • This is my fear. With the extra wild card, and pitching at a premium now more than any deadline I can remember, I don’t see how we don’t overpay. It is completely a sellers market.    To me this predicament is on Elias. He went into the season basically keeping the bullpen status quo despite not really having any difference makers. In addition, he seemingly was ok with zero depth at SP. BTW Scherzer looked very shaky tonight.  Either way this deadline shakes out, seems safe to say we will be very active on the pitching market in the off season, both in trades and free agency.
    • Brown mentioned that Burnes took the off day to visit his new twin daughters since they were on the West coast.  They were born a week or so ago.  So he probably didn’t travel back with the team and  was given approval from the team to do that.  It seems more like the organization was making a family/personal decision.  Sometimes taking care of your players is more important than a game.  
  • Popular Contributors