Thursday 7/11 - Cubs vs. Orioles

86this

1 minute ago, forphase1 said:

Depends on the player I guess.  Gunnar, Adley, Westburg, Santander, those I believe in their talent, and I expect them to snap out of most funks.  Mateo, Urias, Mullins, Hays, Mountcastle, McCann, Cowser I don't so much.  I guess, overall, there are fewer hitters that I DO believe in versus those that I don't.  McCann is done, Mateo is starting his yearly swoon, Mountcastle can stay cold for a LONG time, Hays can't stay healthy and effective, Cowser hasn't hit in 3 months and doesn't have any track record to trust yet, etc.  

Why people keep knocking Hays is beyond me. 

I can't understand why a whole team can't score at the same time?  And then when everyone scores at the same time?  Logically it would be better if players would be able to pick up each other every game instead of slumping all at the same time?  

Just now, eddie83 said:

Why people keep knocking Hays is beyond me. 

Hays has been hitting and playing very well lately.  It's been nice to see since his really rough start.  But the question is who do I believe in.  Given his track record, especially about how he slumps once he gets banged up a bit, I just don't trust that he will continue playing at the level he has been.  And with Cowser slumping as he is I expect to start seeing even more of Hays, giving him more chances to get banged up and/or wore down.