Saturday 7-13-24 Screw the Yankees Game Thread

FlaO'sFan

3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I said during the offseason this was probably going to turn out like 2012 and 2013.  The team will be better the second year but will end up with fewer wins since it won't be as "lucky".

Thankfully these teams are better and won’t miss the playoffs like in 13. 

1 minute ago, HowAboutThat said:

The Rays and Cardinals have rarely done anything but be consistent.

The Orioles as we all know didn’t get swept last year. This team is still on pace for 96 wins. 

I meant having back to back years with no real “down” period. 

4 minutes ago, mrbig1 said:

That was sad. You think that's bad. Just came back from church. I'm wearing my O's jersey. A Cubs fan gets all up in my face. When it rains it pours.

Oh God...why does he have to try to talk smack at church?

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Malike said:

If he does this I hope he gets fired. If we have 10 years of playoff appearances and people aren't satisfied with the job he's doing, they should pick another team to watch, preferably the one that is leading in the 9th in the clincher game of the World Series each year. 

The bolded part that you quoted was a little bit hyperbolic, of course I don’t think he’s gonna do all that. I think he could justify trading one or two of our big three but he has apparently decided that he’s not going to, although the people he’s talking to are demanding nothing less, and he can’t put together a package they want and they won’t take a package we offer, so we have an impasse. 
And rather than say, “dammit we really need X so I’m going to give in to this demand,” he will instead talk to his assistant and say “who’s on the waiver wire today.“

My point is that he is far likelier to do nothing significant than to do something significant. Even the price for Burnes wasn’t especially high, because he was buying only one season. If Burnes had two years remaining, I doubt Mike would have paid the additional cost.

9 minutes ago, HowAboutThat said:

The bolded part that you quoted was a little bit hyperbolic, of course I don’t think he’s gonna do all that. I think he could justify trading one or two of our big three but he has apparently decided that he’s not going to, although the people he’s talking to are demanding nothing less, and he can’t put together a package they want and they won’t take a package we offer, so we have an impasse. 
And rather than say, “dammit we really need X so I’m going to give in to this demand,” he will instead talk to his assistant and say “who’s on the waiver wire today.“

My point is that he is far likelier to do nothing significant than to do something significant. Even the price for Burnes wasn’t especially high, because he was buying only one season. If Burnes had two years remaining, I doubt Mike would have paid the additional cost.

So predictable Elias to do nothing!!!!!