Trade Proposal: Santander for Snell

3 minutes ago, BohKnowsBmore said:

He’s certainly good enough of a player at that rate. Unless he completely falls apart, I think some team that’s trying to make a jump would be thrilled to sign him to something like $64M/4 years and slap him right in the middle of their lineup.  A team like the Pirates, for example.

He might be attractive to the Giants too. They are always looking for offense.

2 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

I already mentioned Norby, Stowers, and Billy Cook. 

Stowers you're still running another left handed hitter out there. Even if you believe he will handle LHP just fine, it almost certainly wont be at the level that Santander will. And no offense to Billy Cook, but I'm not making roster decisions on established MLB guys based on him being ready or not. I would imagine Norby will not be an Oriole after this trade deadline, but if he is, then I still dont think the Orioles are going to be comfortable just handing him a starting outfield role. That would go to Hays before him.

1 minute ago, terpoh said:

Stowers you're still running another left handed hitter out there. Even if you believe he will handle LHP just fine, it almost certainly wont be at the level that Santander will. And no offense to Billy Cook, but I'm not making roster decisions on established MLB guys based on him being ready or not. I would imagine Norby will not be an Oriole after this trade deadline, but if he is, then I still dont think the Orioles are going to be comfortable just handing him a starting outfield role. That would go to Hays before him.

They need to graduate and give these guys a chance to play or deal them.

Just now, Roll Tide said:

They need to graduate and give these guys a chance to play or deal them.

I agree- I think Norby and Stowers are more likely to be dealt. Only because they are regarded highly enough to bring back a quality return, and it seems the Orioles, rightfully so, woud like to hold onto their top 4

8 minutes ago, terpoh said:

What do either of those guys have to do with Tony? Basallo certainly wont be in the outfield in Baltimore any time soon, and unless I am mistaken Coby Mayo has pretty much played exclusively 3B and 1B more recently. Mayo is easily inserted onto this team with Urias spot. Basallo may be up at some point next year, maybe not. I dont think Elias would rush him as a 20 year old. So if you sign Tony to a 3 year deal and then you have Basallo as a C/1B/DH option in Sept of next year, but mostly starting in 2026 there is no roster crunch.

Well Mayo may end up in RF but Tony also gets some DH time as he gets older, that will increase.

Mediocre at best on base skills, very streaky, wrong side of 30 during extension.  Plus we have bats and players for where he plays.

The need isn’t there.

6 minutes ago, terpoh said:

I agree- I think Norby and Stowers are more likely to be dealt. Only because they are regarded highly enough to bring back a quality return, and it seems the Orioles, rightfully so, woud like to hold onto their top 4

Would you want Santander if he wasn’t an Oriole? I’m fine with Homerism….But honestly would you care if he was a Cub?

2 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Would you want Santander if he wasn’t an Oriole? I’m fine with Homerism….But honestly would you care if he was a Cub?

Hard to say. I am far more knowledgeable and invested in the Orioles than the rest of baseball, so I wouldnt know as much about him, but knowing he plays a solid OF and hits for power as a switch hitter (knowing all of our "guys" are left handed) I would probably have interest. I think he is worth the cost of a QO over a few more years, but I would be lying if I said being a homer doesnt play a role. I also am assuming that Stowers and Norby will not be here- so looking at Cowser, Kjerstad, Mullins, Hays as our other returning OF with Mullins and Hays both offseason trade candidates. 

11 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Well Mayo may end up in RF but Tony also gets some DH time as he gets older, that will increase.

Mediocre at best on base skills, very streaky, wrong side of 30 during extension.  Plus we have bats and players for where he plays.

The need isn’t there.

Yes thats all fair. I dont disagree. I dont think the Orioles have experimented with Mayo in RF yet so that will take some time, and theres no guarantee he will be as adept as Santander out there. If Mayo was RF ready then I think you just roll with HK/CC/CM 

3 minutes ago, terpoh said:

Hard to say. I am far more knowledgeable and invested in the Orioles than the rest of baseball, so I wouldnt know as much about him, but knowing he plays a solid OF and hits for power as a switch hitter (knowing all of our "guys" are left handed) I would probably have interest. I think he is worth the cost of a QO over a few more years, but I would be lying if I said being a homer doesnt play a role. I also am assuming that Stowers and Norby will not be here- so looking at Cowser, Kjerstad, Mullins, Hays as our other returning OF with Mullins and Hays both offseason trade candidates. 

I would be shocked if Norby and Stowers both go this deadline 

13 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I think that if either were in particular demand they'd be gone already.

Not true. We all know Elias works meticulously and the trade market has not begun league wide. One trade for Hunter Harvey so far and I dont think we wouldve given up Norby for him.