McDermott to start Wednesday?

Tony-OH

9 minutes ago, Rbiggs2525 said:

Great spot for McDermott tonight. Facing a team with the second lowest runs scored in baseball. Suarez made them look like the late 90’s Orioles last night.

Why do I feel like we are going to be eating into the Pen again and be lucky to win this game....

19 minutes ago, RavensNOsGuy said:

Why do I feel like we are going to be eating into the Pen again and be lucky to win this game....

Because the O's are not that great this year at beating teams they're supposed to beat. 

3 hours ago, wildcard said:

My guess on how they make room for McDermott.

Krook DFA'd

Baker optioned.

Good guess. There are a few random relievers on the 40 man that could go. I just hope they keep Nittoli, he looks good and deserves a shot, and I like having a sidearm guy in the mix.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Baker sent down. Feels like he has done a decent job since coming back up. Surprised he was the choice.

None of the fringe guys that are currently uphave been bad really. Nittoli and Smith both threw well last night. Baker will be back or get a chance somewhere else soon. 

2 minutes ago, Spy Fox said:

I didn't get to watch tonight. For those who did, how'd the stuff and command look? 

I only saw the first inning.  Both his stuff and (surprisingly) his command looked better than we've seen from Povich so far.  He throws 94-95 routinely while Povich is more 91-92.   Ultimately his results were roughly the same as a typical Povich start, but I think McDermott has more upside.  

McDermott has a lot better stuff than Povich, but his control seems to come and go.  He looked dominant in the 2nd inning and then fell apart in the 3rd inning.  He threw 40 pitches in the 3rd inning and couldn't seem to throw strikes when he was carving up the Marlins an inning ago.  He might be lucky to get thru 2 innings against the Yankees or Dodgers.