Trevor Rogers 2024

Just Regular

Just now, LookitsPuck said:

Marlins really fleeced the O’s. No other way to put it. 

Eh.

If Norby and Stowers had the level of interest in them that I think they did the O's weren't going to get a difference maker for them anyway.

Is getting Rodgers for them (who is making under 2M) any worse that than getting rando non-prospects?

Of course if you think those two had real value, the equation is much different.

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

Eh.

If Norby and Stowers had the level of interest in them that I think they did the O's weren't going to get a difference maker for them anyway.

Is getting Rodgers for them (who is making under 2M) any worse that than getting rando non-prospects?

Of course if you think those two had real value, the equation is much different.

I’ve been high on Norby for awhile. And you don’t give up guys, even with some holes in his game, for a project arm that is still probably lingering with arm issues. Any keyboard warrior could simply look up his Statcast to see how awful he was.

8 minutes ago, LookitsPuck said:

Marlins really fleeced the O’s. No other way to put it. 

They fleeced themselves. Maybe there’s something they can do to fix him but you don’t give up good players to get reclamation projects. You pick them up on the waiver wire like he normally does.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, LookitsPuck said:

BR is a bit behind. Even still, I’d put money on Norby having a net positive career overall vs Rogers from here on out.

I'm not being pro Rodgers.

I just don't think Norby had any real trade value and that he wasn't going to play for the O's.

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

I just don't think Norby had any real trade value and that he wasn't going to play for the O's.

I think he had better value and Elias got desperate. Don’t disagree that he wouldn’t play for the O’s, they’re giving time to Eloy fercrissakes. 

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Exactly, we traded two guys who will never play for us for a pitcher who may or may not play for us. It's not exactly a win but it's not a loss, at least not yet, on either side 

1 minute ago, Aristotelian said:

Exactly, we traded two guys who will never play for us for a pitcher who may or may not play for us. It's not exactly a win but it's not a loss, at least not yet, on either side 

Responsible for 2 losses, no wins, over 7 ERA, stole starts from Povich are all net negatives to me. Also lost prospect capital. 

• Upvote 1