UNC – National Champions

O's are Legends

Congrats to Beaner and all the UNC fans, clearly the best team in the Nation. Just be prepared to face the mighty George Mason Patriots next year in the tournament if you want to repeat.:D Seriously though, they dominated all season and were on a mission to win a National Championship. They were not to be stopped.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Congrats to Beaner and all the UNC fans' date=' clearly the best team in the Nation. Just be prepared to face the mighty George Mason Patriots next year in the tournament if you want to repeat.:D Seriously though, they dominated all season and were on a mission to win a National Championship. They were not to be stopped.[/quote']

Thanks!

Cheers to the boys who gave up millions so they could cut down the nets as a TEAM.

College hoops may never see another team like them.

I can't stand UNC, Hansborough and Lawson are up there at this point with Wojo, Jay Williams, Trajan Langdon, and JJ Reddick in the category of athletes who I would love to punch in the face... however these guys had an incredible year and they earned it. It pains me to say it, but I'm glad they won.

Not that it'll ever happen, but this is just another example of why all the n00bs who love conferences that start with "Big" should start arguing about being #2.

3 things happened:

1) Ellington cared.

2) UNC played defense.

3) Lawson was healthy

With those 3 things being the case, no one had a chance to beat them.

Truth be told, if Lawson, Ellington and Davis come back next year, they could definitely repeat.

That was a total butt-whoopin'. Wow. I'm not sure why Izzo thought he could run with UNC early, but that lost him the game. Izzo's boys couldn't keep with UNC in the reg season, and they sure couldn't last night either. I have absolutely no idea how he could think that was a good game plan, but it completely backfired.

UNC can play at a speed that no one else can. When Lawson goes 100 MPH, he's still in control. When the other guy's PG tries to go at the same speed, he fumbles the ball away.

Ellington gets that shot off soooo fast. He comes off a screen, loads, and fires...it's so smooth. It seems like he doesn't even have time to look at the hoop, and the ball is already out of his hands.

How many of those UNC boys will be back next season? If any of them stay, they will be nasty again next year with that recruiting class they have coming in.

That was a total butt-whoopin'. Wow. I'm not sure why Izzo thought he could run with UNC early, but that lost him the game. Izzo's boys couldn't keep with UNC in the reg season, and they sure couldn't last night either. I have absolutely no idea how he could think that was a good game plan, but it completely backfired.

UNC can play at a speed that no one else can. When Lawson goes 100 MPH, he's still in control. When the other guy's PG tries to go at the same speed, he fumbles the ball away.

Ellington gets that shot off soooo fast. He comes off a screen, loads, and fires...it's so smooth. It seems like he doesn't even have time to look at the hoop, and the ball is already out of his hands.

How many of those UNC boys will be back next season? If any of them stay, they will be nasty again next year with that recruiting class they have coming in.

Yea, will be interesting to see....If UNC gets John Wall, then they can afford to lose Lawson...So, will Ellington and Davis then stay? If they do, UNC may be preseason #1.

Yea, will be interesting to see....If UNC gets John Wall, then they can afford to lose Lawson...So, will Ellington and Davis then stay? If they do, UNC may be preseason #1.

Is Wall considering UNC? That would be scary.

Is Wall considering UNC? That would be scary.

Yea..I have seen mixed reports...Roy contacted him...He contacted UNC.

UNC is his dream landing spot, etc...

Not really sure...I know a lot of UNC fans were hammering K for recruiting as player like Wall(because of his past) but then Roy apparently turned right around and did the same thing.

It will be interesting to see how that plays out.

Sounds like it will be Duke, Kentucky and UNC battling it out....Memphis was his first choice until Cal left.

He is visiting Miami soon but I doubt they can do enough to make him go there.

He is a one and done guy..everyone knows that.

3 things happened:

1) Ellington cared.

2) UNC played defense.

3) Lawson was healthy

With those 3 things being the case, no one had a chance to beat them.

Truth be told, if Lawson, Ellington and Davis come back next year, they could definitely repeat.

Davis stated last night that he would be back. I doubt that Ellington and Lawson do, but Davis being back is a big lift. Still have Thompson, Zeller and Davis on the inside coming back. That is pretty strong still. Plus Ginyard if he gets his redshirt could provide the type of senior leadership that David Noel provided in Hansborough's freshman year.

Davis stated last night that he would be back. I doubt that Ellington and Lawson do, but Davis being back is a big lift. Still have Thompson, Zeller and Davis on the inside coming back. That is pretty strong still. Plus Ginyard if he gets his redshirt could provide the type of senior leadership that David Noel provided in Hansborough's freshman year.

Never ever take into account what any player says right now, especially after they just won a title.

Davis may very well be coming back but if he is being told, in a weak draft, that he is going to be a top 10 pick, he may be gone.

I can't stand UNC, Hansborough and Lawson are up there at this point with Wojo, Jay Williams, Trajan Langdon, and JJ Reddick in the category of athletes who I would love to punch in the face... however these guys had an incredible year and they earned it. It pains me to say it, but I'm glad they won.

Not that it'll ever happen, but this is just another example of why all the n00bs who love conferences that start with "Big" should start arguing about being #2.

Another cheap shot against the Big East; how am I not surprised. At least I’m not a basketball “noob” so I’m not even going to take this seriously. Geez, why can’t people just appreciate all the good basketball teams and conferences out there? Why does it always have to be ACC this or Big East this, or Big 12 that? The Big East is my favorite conference and I enjoy rooting against Louisville, Nova, Notre Dame, etc. as I can’t stand those teams. What’s next UNC fans rooting for Duke and the Terps? Or Hoya fans rooting for Villa…, no that could never happen; well at least it shouldn’t.

Archived