Pache claimed by Marlins according to Roster Resource

Just Regular

4 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Yep, both of those two facts have been posted, just buried in other threads.

Is Pache the all time Oriole batting leader?   He was 1/1.   Do we have any other 1.000 career Orioles?

Doesn’t count …not enough at bats to qualify 🤗

Just now, interloper said:

Was hoping he'd slip through since our CF depth isn't all that great, but oh well. 

Now we wait to see about Cole Irvin.

We could get any AAAA CF who can’t hit and you’d be no worse off. I’m betting there are guys in the independent leagues that could hit .180 in the bigs.

I'm honestly surprised that someone claimed him, even the fire-sale Miami Marlins.  He is an abysmal hitter.  I said it not too long ago, but when your career batting stats make César Izturis seem like Ted Williams by comparison, you really don't belong on a major league roster.  ANYONE'S major league roster. 

I heard the theory that the Phillies made us take him so we were on the books for paying the last third of his contract.  The Orioles took him with both teams knowing he was getting cut.  

44 minutes ago, Gurgi said:

I heard the theory that the Phillies made us take him so we were on the books for paying the last third of his contract.  The Orioles took him with both teams knowing he was getting cut.  

Nah, he was making the minimum and was clearly going to get claimed by a non-contender as a former top prospect. Would have liked to see what the O's could have done with him over the offseason and spring training. I can't imagine the Marlins of all teams will be the team to fix him.