8/11 @Tampa Bay

eddie83

3 minutes ago, oriolediehard said:

Hyde start 3 guys at the bottom of the order that are auto outs, only Slater worked out for him.

A bunch of hits, just no big ones. And 1 walk came from Eloy. Just a very aggressive approach today that didn’t work out.

Why is the Medstar doctor watchin a guy throw? I mean, really? And the fact that he followed the pitch from the pitcher to the catcher from the side is just funny. Like what is that going to tell him medically?

Shows that the people who makes commercials don't understand anything about doctors or baseball.

You know I used to get attacked for saying that Hyde wasn’t really a good manager. And that he really had a Kush job being able to lose as much as he could and that was fine. Now you’re starting to see that he is not really a good manager, but I’ve been saying this for a while. He’s being exposed by the lack of talent he has in the pitching department. He’s not terrible most of the times, but he’s making a hell of a lot of bad decisions. 

Just now, waroriole said:

Doesn’t it make more sense to hit Mullins for Slater there? You get the better defender in and you don’t waste Adley. 

Kept Adley in. Mullins will be in McCann spot now. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Aristotelian said:

So you punish a guy every time they have a bad game? I don't think the players would appreciate that

Personally I leave Suarez in to finish the inning. Or go to a better arm in a close game. Perez is about middle of the pack in terms of reliability and effectiveness. I get Hyde doesn’t have a lot of choices, but Perez isn’t top of the list.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• There really haven’t been too many close pennant races involving the Yankees and the Orioles.   These are the closest finishes: 2012: Yankees 95, Orioles 93 (O’s eliminated in game 162; last held the lead in game 159) 1997: Orioles 98, Yankees 96 (Yankees eliminated in game 161; O’s led wire to wire) 1974: Orioles 91, Yankees 89 (Yankees eliminated in game 161; last held the lead in game 154) 1964: Yankees 99, Orioles 97 (O’s eliminated in game 160; last held the lead in game 151) 1980: Yankees 103, Orioles 100 (O’s eliminated in game 160; last held the lead in game 9) 1977: Yankees 100, Orioles 97 (O’s eliminated in game 159; last held the lead in game 105)  1996: Yankees 92, Orioles 88 (O’s eliminated in game 159; last held the lead in game 49). This year’s race is the next-closest, and there’s really nothing else that was even remotely close.  
    • They said 1st triple play to end a game since 2009.  So yeah, it's probably never happened to end a game to clinch a playoff spot.    
    • And yes, Ohtani-Betts-Freeman were coming next so they were in big trouble before the triple play.
    • I hope youre wrong too, but I think you are right.
    • 4-2 Padres bottom of the 9th, Dodgers have bases runners at 1st and 2nd none out. Robert Suarez is on the verge of blowing yet another save having already given up 3 straight hits. The ball is hit sharply to Manny who gets the ball and runs back to 3rd, then swings the ball around the horn for a Triple play.  And that play clinches a playoff berth for the Padres.  Wonder if that has ever happened, a triple play that clinches a playoff berth, probably not.  Hell of an ending!
    • That was nuts, what a play. I love both Ohtani and Mookie but it would be kind of fun to see the Dodgers lose the division en route to another early exit.
    • Manny starts a triple play to leave Ohtani in the ondeck circle and save Big Al's little brother from another meltdown!!  
  • Popular Contributors