8/19 @ NY Mets

eddie83

Just now, Hallas said:

What happened to Rutschman's framing?  He's -3 in framing this year.  Lindor walked on 2 strikes at the knees.

I didn’t see where tonight he has caught the ball poorly at all. 

Just now, Billy F-Face3 said:

It seems to me you over rate Rogers like he's worth something. He's no better than Cole Irvin who we got for Darell Hernaiz. And Virbitsky was a sweetener which we recieved for giving them Hernaiz.

And we just DFA'd Irvin. Rogers is a DFA candidate at this rate. And he should never have been expected to be anything more. Even the moment it happened, many of us were saying as much.

I am not overrating Rogers- as of right now, he stinks.  I am just adequately rating Stowers as a trade chip. If he was worth more, we wouldve got more. Do you think Elias did not shop him pretty aggressively? His value was what teams were willing to give up, which unfortunately for us, was as a throw in for Rogers. There is no way you were getting a MLB rotation piece with 2 years for Stowers alone. Even if you want to ignore it, Rogers was once an MLB all star , Irvin was not,  and is still young with a few years of control. He has 3 options remaining, He is literally not  DFA candidate. I think the Orioles hope is that they can fix him for the next two years. Unfortunately it doenst look like he will help us in 2024, as we really need a solid SP in that rotation spot.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

No way. With his OBP? 

.338 OBP against lefties, .336 career.  Slater's career OBP against lefties, is higher but he's also apparently washed, so I'm not sure his career value is really insightful here.  We batted Westburg with a lower than .338 OBP leadoff.

Edited by Hallas

Just now, eddie83 said:

I didn’t see where tonight he has caught the ball poorly at all. 

There’s a pitch framing site that shows Adley’s framing on low pitches to be pretty bad. When I watch him, I think his wrist action isn’t great. He does better with pitches high in the zone.

53 minutes ago, gtman55 said:

Roy I don't think you're allowed to say that here. I get grilled every time I say something like that 

"grilled' means that some people disagree with you.

The horror, posting something on the internet and some people disagree with you.   You have to somehow try to keep your chin up and survive.

42 minutes ago, DEOriolesfan said:

Hypothetically speaking here but if we make the playoffs and face a left handed starter, are Jimenez & Slater both playing? 

Certainly if they are both hitting over .300 as they are now with the Orioles.

I think it's way too soon to figure out what our playoff roster and lineups are going to look like.

• Upvote 1