8/20 at NY Mets

eddie83

1 minute ago, spiritof66 said:

The problem with MC is that he's not the player he looked like he might become during one of those torrid streaks during his early career.

I hear you but I don't think he's the problem, it's the fan's expectations that's the problem.

Nick never came close to his 2008 season again and he never got this level of grief.

3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

He didn't manage that.

Yes, 4.2 IP and 3ER.  Still, it was better results that it had been.  Don't get me wrong, it was still a bad trade IMO, and not the kind of arm we should have been after.  But that was the best he'd performed as an O, but that's more a recognition of just how bad he'd been, not that he was great yesterday.

• Upvote 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Gunnar with a heady base running play last night to take 2nd base. He baited the RF into throwing behind him to 2nd base and then took off for 2nd base.  A nice little underrated play. Maybe we just start running wild like Ohtani. 
    • Doesn’t a close loss in tonight’s game, following a win last night after getting blown out in game 1, show that we still have some fight/heart in us? Sometimes a close loss can still build momentum going forward.  Slater tried to drop a bunt down. Gunnar with a heady deek play to take 2nd base. I’d say those classify as trying to do the little things. Even Holliday getting the runner over in the 10th. 
    • What are your expectations for reclamation projects?   Cano was an All Star last season. We made Jorge Lopez into an All Star. Suarez came out of nowhere and is pitching like a #3. Voth and Spenser Watkins previously came out of nowhere to pitch like #3/#4 types.  Perez and Coloumbe have turned into heck of LH RP. Webb.  Means and Wells were developed by the staff after not looking like anything special previously.  Bradish was not a top prospect when acquired from the Angels. Struggled in his debut. Was a top 10 SP in the AL before injury. Maybe top 3-5.  Some people got Sydney Sweeney expectations. 😍
    • In a 3 game Wild Card Series we get Burnes, Eflin, and Suarez going. We should have Grayson, Kremer, Povich, Webb, and Coloumbe, in the pen to help cover innings.  Offensively we will have back Westburg and Urias. Maybe Mounty and Kjerstad.  We are ok. Just gotta hit. 
    • In their last 15 games, Rivera .996 OPS Norby .945 OPS Ramon has also been killing since May/June.  This isn’t why we’re struggling. That would be Adley, O’Hearn, Mountcastle, and Eloy. 
    • I expect Kjerstad and Coulombe activate tomorrow.
    • It’s hard not to like his .996 OPS in his 14 G and 29 AB with us.  He reminds of back in 2012 when we needed a lot of contributions from a lot of unexpected players to win. 
  • Popular Contributors