O’s look done

Pat Kelly

14 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

He was demoted out of the closer role. You mean Hyde wants him off the team? I haven't heard that and I would be surprised if it's true. I could see him being left off the playoff roster.

I was postulating based off of a previous post. For a guy called Aristotelian you don't read very closely. 

18 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Veteranosity. You piss off the union, his agents, the players, etc… when you sign a washed up hall of famer you’re kind of in it for the long run for better or worse.

Yeah, it’s stupid.

Do you think other players actually know/care about that? Why would the union get upset, he's got a guaranteed contract, you aren't doing anything shady. As for the agent, it looks like he's got 5 clients. Not some powerhouse we have to deal with year in year out. 

2 hours ago, Orioles1954 said:

Several on this board noticed in June that the offense literally can’t do anything with off-speed pitching. The league took notice and the O’s have no idea how to adjust. And AR looks like he’s 40-years-old right now.

I feel like AR is dealing with a nagging injury. He had those couple of days off earlier this year when his lower back was bothering him.

1 minute ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Mullins swing in a 3-2 count at a pitch that started at his shins and just was never a strike was telling.

They are pressing beyond pressing, obviously. I'm just not seeing any spark from anywhere. They look tired.

Really hoping the Minnesota series means nothing. I don’t care what seed they get right now..just get in. They aren’t any better at home than they are away.

If you can have your spot clinched by Minnesota, I want to see them rest as many guys as possible for those games.

10 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Veteranosity. You piss off the union, his agents, the players, etc… when you sign a washed up hall of famer you’re kind of in it for the long run for better or worse.

Yeah, it’s stupid.

I wonder if last night was kind of a face saving tipping point though.

Kimbrel and/or Eloy are easy famous names if Elias wants to "get serious" about optics.

Not anything involving any of the long term chosen ones obviously.

57 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

I wonder if last night was kind of a face saving tipping point though.

Kimbrel and/or Eloy are easy famous names if Elias wants to "get serious" about optics.

Not anything involving any of the long term chosen ones obviously.

One can hope... he's obviously been bad for 2/3 of the season so it's not like this is some awakening moment or anything.