Daniel Cabrera vs. Phillies

Boy Howdy

According to this his fastest pitch of the day was 91.4, with an average fastball speed of 89.2!

There has to be something wrong with his arm, shoulder, etc.

Yeah, something definitely has to be up. Didn't he use to hover around the mid to high-90's?

According to this his fastest pitch of the day was 91.4, with an average fastball speed of 89.2!

There has to be something wrong with his arm, shoulder, etc.

I saw that and was going to post it... there has to be an underlying injury. Some of the comments seem to be that he's changing his mechanics and taking something off to get better control. Well, if a pitching coach is telling him to throw 10 mph less than he's capable and he's still wild and mediocre that's not much of a coach.

If he's really topping out at 91 I think the O's were completely justified in letting him walk.

I'm in agreement with some of the others on Cabrera and not having to watch him in an O's uniform anymore. I was on the fence about letting him go, mainly because I wasn't sure who was going to replace him. Bottom line though is that I can almost tolerate him if he was walking people but getting strikeouts. The last few years that went away, and so far it hasn't come back, and his velocity is gone. With that there wasn't any point to keeping him. I still root for him, but man am I glad to not have to deal with it anymore.

From personal experience, when I lost about 10 mph of velocity from my fastball, it ended up being a torn labrum. Once u start to lose velocity, but u cant figure out why, u start to over throw, hurting it more, and then u start to change you mechanics to try to gain extra velocity which throws u out of whack even more. I think he has something wrong with his shoulder. And if they can't find something wrong with his shoulder, then the doc needs to do some tests on muscle diseases, because something is seriously WRONG with him.

Archived