Other teams playoffs game thread

Just Regular

18 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I might have to check out Pinstripe Alley before bed tonight. Yankees fans are going to tear apart Boone for using Cortes in this situation and then walking the bases loaded putting the winning run in scoring position.

Most of all how do throw Cortes into that situation he hasn't pitched in over a month and he's not a high leverage relief pitcher.

First base was open. Runners advanced on the foul ball caught in the stands. (I didn't know about this rule.)

20 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I might have to check out Pinstripe Alley before bed tonight. Yankees fans are going to tear apart Boone for using Cortes in this situation and then walking the bases loaded putting the winning run in scoring position.

Most of all how do throw Cortes into that situation he hasn't pitched in over a month and he's not a high leverage relief pitcher.

The runners had already moved up to 2nd and 3rd before the walk.

2 hours ago, Spy Fox said:

Probably the Ohtani double in the eighth, where he reached third because Torres misplayed the throw from RF. Led to the Betts sac fly next batter. 

Got it--thanks. I know it's not borne out statistically,  but one thing I enjoy about playing the Yankees is the feeling that on a crucial defensive play there's a decent chance that Gleyber, Soto, or Volpe (or in the future Jasson Domíguez) will blow it.