Co-hitting coach Ryan Fuller, Fredi Gonzalez and Jose Hernandez let go

Tony-OH

9 hours ago, casadeozo said:

I wonder if this is a “ he was given an option to take a diffeeent role  in The organization and chose to leave instead”.

Or just a face-saving way of getting rid of him without making it look like he was fired.  But, that's 100% speculation on my part. 

1 hour ago, Warehouse said:

Setting aside who the coach(es) should be, how many hitting coaches do you think we should have? Just one? 

Perhaps that is the right answer, but it certainly cuts against the trend in the rest of the industry.

Of the 11 teams with at least 86 wins:

- 2 had two hitting coaches (Dodgers and Braves)

- 7 had three hitting coaches

- 2 had four hitting coaches (Diamondbacks and Tigers)

I say we try 5 hitting coaches.  One for left-handed batters, one for right-handed batters, one for switch hitters, one for bunting, and one for hitting behind the runner.  I am, of course, not serious - but we if we did it we could lead the majors in hitting coaches.  🤣

10 hours ago, Orioles0615 said:

then its the players and we should start getting rid if them. 

No the hitting coaches are doing what they are told to do. The hitting strategy changed this year. That was not the hitting coaches' call. If people want to complain about the hitting, I suggest shooting higher up.

1 minute ago, 1fingerwillie said:

No the hitting coaches are doing what they are told to do. The hitting strategy changed this year. That was not the hitting coaches' call. If people want to complain about the hitting, I suggest shooting higher up.

Kinda silly to think that the hitting coaches could change things up like that and it not be overruled from up high if they had an issue with it.