RHH Outfield Targets

sportsfan8703

Just now, Roll Tide said:

I think Teoscar gives you a little more in average and OBP. I wouldn’t mind Santander back. I think the discussion was adding a RHH.

Well, they're not going to do both.  They're not going to bring back Santander and bring in someone like Teoscar.

I'd argue they're not going to do either.

It's just interesting in my experience that people generally have much more positive feelings towards players from outside the organization than from within it, even if the outside player isn't any better, or only marginally so, than the internal option.

17 minutes ago, Pickles said:

Well, they're not going to do both.  They're not going to bring back Santander and bring in someone like Teoscar.

I'd argue they're not going to do either.

It's just interesting in my experience that people generally have much more positive feelings towards players from outside the organization than from within it, even if the outside player isn't any better, or only marginally so, than the internal option.

My general feeling is they didn’t do a lot beyond the homerun. It wouldnt surprise me to see them try to improve the average OBP. I have no idea what they will do in free agency. If Rubbenstein is serious about spending then we have no idea what it’s going to look like. 

Edited by Roll Tide

1 hour ago, Roll Tide said:

My general feeling is they didn’t do a lot beyond the homerun. It wouldnt surprise me to see them try to improve the average OBP. I have no idea what they will do in free agency. If Rubbenstein is serious about spending then we have no idea what it’s going to look like. 

Right, but that's what I mean.  Yes, Hernandez had a higher OBP last year than Santander, but in the previous two years he didn't.  He's also 2 years older.

He's not nearly the upgrade people what to act as if he is, and he gets a much more favorable interpretation of his abilities b/c he comes from outside the organization.

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

Well depends on what year you look at and which ones you choose to ignore.

Teoscar on a long term contract is just a stupid signing.

Well, that's my point.

Being in favor of letting Santander walk and signing Hernandez is a lateral move.  It doesn't make sense, unless you're just hell bent on turning over the roster b/c people from outside the organization are more appealing to you.