This Year Has Turned Into A Disaster.

ORIOLE33

3 minutes ago, DrinkinWithFermi said:

I haven't watched a single game since the Orioles were eliminated and the odds of that changing before the end of the WS are probably less than 50-50, so I don't really care who wins.

It won't be the Orioles so...  :noidea:

I am glad the Yankees beat the Royals though.

Just now, interloper said:

I think even as it pertains to baseball. We're calling back to back playoff appearances a disaster? I know it felt like one in the moment, but dang. 

And yeah the Yankees suck but they do have some really good players. I hope they get swept by the Dodgers for sure. 

I can see why some would say the results of our back to back playoffs were a disaster.  I'd lean more towards highly disappointing....but disaster has a nice ring to it.  Dude, we didn't even win a game.  We scored one run in two games this year.  Not only did we not win a game but we didn't look competitive last year...this year, our pitching was good but the bats were just completely inept.

So I can see why some would say it's a disaster.  And I can see why some would call it a disaster that we've been swept twice in a row but the Yankees are in a position to win a World Series...that's just salt on an open wound.  

8 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I can see why some would say the results of our back to back playoffs were a disaster.  I'd lean more towards highly disappointing....but disaster has a nice ring to it.  Dude, we didn't even win a game.  We scored one run in two games this year.  Not only did we not win a game but we didn't look competitive last year...this year, our pitching was good but the bats were just completely inept.

So I can see why some would say it's a disaster.  And I can see why some would call it a disaster that we've been swept twice in a row but the Yankees are in a position to win a World Series...that's just salt on an open wound.  

I hear you and trust me I share the frustration. But I also felt like I had 2 months of watching the way they were playing to prepare me for the WC series. So it wasn't that surprising or shocking like it was in 2023. 

But yeah, 0 playoff wins in 2 years is definitely ass. No question. 

3 hours ago, interloper said:

I hear you and trust me I share the frustration. But I also felt like I had 2 months of watching the way they were playing to prepare me for the WC series. So it wasn't that surprising or shocking like it was in 2023. 

But yeah, 0 playoff wins in 2 years is definitely ass. No question. 

What sucks is the NYY are not even that good. They make tons of mental mistakes every game, but their stars step up when it matters unlike the O's. We played like crap for 3 months so it wasnt surprising we lost to the Royals, but I would not of been surprised to see us go to the WS if we would have won those 2 games. We could have beaten NYY/CLE - it wasnt like we were going to have to go up against the 2017-2022 Astros.

Really is a tale of two seasons.  First two and a half months was a huge success. From June 20 on, the season has been pretty bad. If the Yankees cap it off with a WS title, it would be a fitting end to the most disappointing Orioles season I can remember (relative to expectations).  2024 is certainly not a season I will look back on with any fondness.