Current 40 man roster

Sports Guy

https://www.mlb.com/orioles/roster/40-man

This is the current 40 man roster.

If we are only looking at players under team control for 2025(ie no Burnes or Santander, for example) , how many members of the current 40 man roster do you think should be on the OD 26 man roster.

I have said I believe we have about 21 spots locked up for 2025. I personally believe it should be less than that but I don’t think the Os would agree.

What do you think? Who do you want kept and who do you want gone?

1 hour ago, Sports Guy said:

If we are only looking at players under team control for 2025(ie no Burnes or Santander, for example) , how many members of the current 40 man roster do you think should be on the OD 26 man roster.

I have said I believe we have about 21 spots locked up for 2025. I personally believe it should be less than that but I don’t think the Os would agree.

I really wish they would include options on this.  Some reason options and contract stuff is top secret for some reason.  I think we will add 4-6 guys to the 26 man roster next season by the end of spring Training.  

I count 11 position players. No Mayo. If they move on from say Urias then Mayo can be there. Either way they will add just a backup C and RH OF unless more than I imagine happens. 

Adley-Mountcastle-Westy-Gunnar-Holliday-Urias-O’Hearn-Cowser-Mullins-Kjerstad-Mateo

Pitchers I see this. Felix-Cano-Akin-Coulombe-Dominguez-Soto-Suarez?-Eflin-Grod-Kremer-Povich 

I have 22. Suarez I’m basing off being under control. You could kick off one of Soto or Dominguez. I don’t have Perez on there. That said he could be. 

At end of day I think max would be 23 and fewest 20. The bare minimum of additions externally would be 3. SP, backup C and RH OF. You could make an argument they have “enough” for the pen. 

1 hour ago, eddie83 said:

I count 11 position players. No Mayo. If they move on from say Urias then Mayo can be there. Either way they will add just a backup C and RH OF unless more than I imagine happens. 

Adley-Mountcastle-Westy-Gunnar-Holliday-Urias-O’Hearn-Cowser-Mullins-Kjerstad-Mateo

Pitchers I see this. Felix-Cano-Akin-Coulombe-Dominguez-Soto-Suarez?-Eflin-Grod-Kremer-Povich 

I have 22. Suarez I’m basing off being under control. You could kick off one of Soto or Dominguez. I don’t have Perez on there. That said he could be. 

At end of day I think max would be 23 and fewest 20. The bare minimum of additions externally would be 3. SP, backup C and RH OF. You could make an argument they have “enough” for the pen. 

Suarez I’m basing off being under control.

At what cost?

3 hours ago, bpilktree67 said:

I really wish they would include options on this.  Some reason options and contract stuff is top secret for some reason.  I think we will add 4-6 guys to the 26 man roster next season by the end of spring Training.  

IMO, Fangraphs organizational Depth Chart is the best resource out there. 

https://www.fangraphs.com/roster-resource/depth-charts/orioles

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, eddie83 said:

To be honest I whiffed on Webb. They may not add a pen arm. I’m sure they will add depth but not sure how quality it will be.  

Edited by eddie83

11 hours ago, Safelykept said:

Suarez I’m basing off being under control.

At what cost?

Cots and Spotrac both have Suarez under team control and only entering his Pre-Arb 3 year. Which means he could play for the minimum. I have seen nothing (other than opinions) to indicate anything differently. So until I do, I will go with that. I could be wrong and it seems weird since he's mid-30's but either way we will know 5 days after the WS

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, MCO'sFan said:

Cots and Spotrac both have Suarez under team control and only entering his Pre-Arb 3 year. Which means he could play for the minimum. I have seen nothing (other than opinions) to indicate anything differently. So until I do, I will go with that. I could be wrong and it seems weird since he's mid-30's but either way we will know 5 days after the WS

BBref has his contract as not decided. no reference to Arb or FA. One site has his listed as a restricted FA. A lot of missing and wrong info out there well find at soon enough.

22 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

Elias made some waiver claims of relief type arms at the end of the season.  Burch Smith, Bowman, etc... We'll see what he thinks of them.  I would imagine we'd only bring back guys with options.  

I'm still thinking that Soto will be non tendered because of the 8 million salary figure and the fact that we need a spot in the pen for the Norfolk shuttle.  I have him as our 4th most trusted LH RP behind Coloumbe, Akin, and Perez.  I don't see how stays.  Lots of guys throw hard now.  

5 hours ago, Safelykept said:

BBref has his contract as not decided. no reference to Arb or FA. One site has his listed as a restricted FA. A lot of missing and wrong info out there well find at soon enough.

Would guess that international play counts as service time or nullifies Suarez’s arbitration years, since he started in MLB. Purely a guess.

16 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Elias made some waiver claims of relief type arms at the end of the season.  Burch Smith, Bowman, etc... We'll see what he thinks of them.  I would imagine we'd only bring back guys with options.  

I'm still thinking that Soto will be non tendered because of the 8 million salary figure and the fact that we need a spot in the pen for the Norfolk shuttle.  I have him as our 4th most trusted LH RP behind Coloumbe, Akin, and Perez.  I don't see how stays.  Lots of guys throw hard now.  

Soto isn’t going to get 8M

Dominguez has an 8M option.

I think Soto is more likely to get that $8M than you guys are indicating.  Elias traded two relatively valuable pitching prospects - of which he has only a few, as has been well documented - and he knew how much the option was when he agreed to do that.  I think he made that trade knowing he'd have Soto for another year.  And nothing about the way Soto finished up the season would indicate that he'd be likely to change his mind.

• Upvote 1