Cowser voted AL Outstanding Rookie

Bird Lady

13 hours ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Correct Cowser has to win AL ROY for the Orioles to get the bonus draft pick. Odds are looking good with Cowser getting this award, but I don't think it's a sure bet like Gunnar winning last season.

We can only hope he does win ROY . That bonus draft pick would be nice reward for O’s 

19 hours ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Correct Cowser has to win AL ROY for the Orioles to get the bonus draft pick. Odds are looking good with Cowser getting this award, but I don't think it's a sure bet like Gunnar winning last season.

Actually, most of the odds aren't looking good for him winning it based on my research.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Love what he's given us in 2023 and 2024 but I'm saying no on O'Hearn. I'm giving O'Hearns at bats to Kjerstad. 
    • So Judge is in danger of ending up as one of the best regular-season players ever, but pedestrian in the postseason. Sort of like Lamar Jackson. But Jackson is younger.
    • Pivetta has a 1.12 WHIP over his last 2 seasons. It’s shocking how mediocre his numbers are considering that. Looking at his games logs he has a handful of 5 ER performances and also has 7 ER.  So im wondering what happens to him in those starts? Bad inherited runners by their relievers. Choking with RISP? His BB9 was in the 2.2 range while he was 3.2 and in the high 3s low 4s prior. Nothing else looks out of whack with a glance
    • I’m fine if they add Pivetta …but not at the expense of Burnes. If Burnes departs you are back looking for an ace. So your looking for another trade to send off assets or giving millions to a lesser guy.
    • Pivetta was mediocre in Boston, why would he be better for us?  Does anybody remember how mediocre we were after the allstar break? Does anybody remember how weak our hitting or scoring runs were? This is crying out we need alot of improvement if we want to smell the WS in 2025!  Rubinstein is not Angelos.  If anyone thinks we will win with doing only petty moves, are in for a rude awakening! It is easy to say we will win or get to the WS in 2025 when we aren't playing anybody now.  I know alot of you won't like what I wrote, but it is the truth.
    • Ummm …no Troll! We traded prospects for worthless players. Rogers did nothing to help the Orioles after the trade. Who cares what he use to be…. I care about what he is now which is a one war fifth starter/ long reliever. BTW …Stat guy BBREF has his 2021 season as 3.5 WAR .l. But make it up to suit your needs! His WAR over his 4-5 year career is 3.9. So outside his one season he’s pretty much replacement level. You wouldn’t argue this with anyone else ….Again your just being a troll
    • Yankee radio broadcasters all yellin' this morning about Judge being only 6 for 40 with 19 K's this postseason so far. Interesting to note that Judge is now such a K-mark that pitchers aren't bothering to walk him anymore: the 5 walks in 18 plate appearances during the Royals series dropped off to 2 in 23 vs. the Guardians and now 0 in 9 in Chavez Ravine. I think 248 postseason PAs is a decent sample size, especially for a veteran player, and Judge's record is not good: .199 / .304 / .436 / .740, though with 15 home runs. If the Y's can keep the games close (very skeptical about that), a few more homers from 99 can still be decisive.
  • Popular Contributors