Cowser voted AL Outstanding Rookie

Bird Lady

13 hours ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Correct Cowser has to win AL ROY for the Orioles to get the bonus draft pick. Odds are looking good with Cowser getting this award, but I don't think it's a sure bet like Gunnar winning last season.

We can only hope he does win ROY . That bonus draft pick would be nice reward for O’s 

19 hours ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Correct Cowser has to win AL ROY for the Orioles to get the bonus draft pick. Odds are looking good with Cowser getting this award, but I don't think it's a sure bet like Gunnar winning last season.

Actually, most of the odds aren't looking good for him winning it based on my research.

3 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

He had a 111 wRC+ from Aug 1 until the end of the year.

That's a cherry-picked stat.  He batted .233 during that span and struck out in almost 38% of his at bats in the last two months.  Those are not good offensive numbers.  Are you trying to say that if that's how performs from here on out, you would be good with that?  I thought you had higher standards.  I know I do.

10 minutes ago, Sanity Check said:

That's a cherry-picked stat.  He batted .233 during that span and struck out in almost 38% of his at bats in the last two months.  Those are not good offensive numbers.  Are you trying to say that if that's how performs from here on out, you would be good with that?  I thought you had higher standards.  I know I do.

It’s not a cherry picked stat. It’s a stat that shows his production was 11% better than average.  That’s a fact.

The numbers you showed aren’t good.  You cherry picked those too.