Orioles vs Rangers 4/24

Oriolesfan1988

I'm not forgetting anything. Did you look at the stats? He had appeared in games

TWICE IN TEN DAYS

and had thrown a total of 11 pitches. If anything, the guy hasn't pitched enough the last 10 days to stay sharp. Twice in 10 days works out to 36 appearances per season.

Question: do you take time out of your day to spit in to the wind, and to talk to walls? :D

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not forgetting anything. Did you look at the stats? He had appeared in games

TWICE IN TEN DAYS

and had thrown a total of 11 pitches. If anything, the guy hasn't pitched enough the last 10 days to stay sharp. Twice in 10 days works out to 36 appearances per season.

He pitched on the 22nd, so if he pitched on the 25th, that would be two games off. Hardly enough to make him rusty.

And here's JJ on back to back nights, coming off a season and ST where he dealt with a sore shoulder.

This is exactly why you try to let your starter go as long as possible...

LOL. I'm sure he'll have tomorrow off. Lots of guys deal with shoulder problems in ST. Lots of guys pitch on back to back nights- ESPECIALLY in VERY winnable games.

And here's JJ on back to back nights, coming off a season and ST where he dealt with a sore shoulder.

This is some kind of surprise to you? He's the 8th inning guy.

You might not like the formula, but it's a completely normal formula.

DT has some schedule about how many days in a row are OK...

Where's that test....

;-)

This is exactly why you try to let your starter go as long as possible...

Wow. Just wow.

As Mackus once said, everything you think about baseball is wrong.

LOL. I'm sure he'll have tomorrow off. Lots of guys deal with shoulder problems in ST. Lots of guys pitch on back to back nights- ESPECIALLY in VERY winnable games.

The point is, had Uehara gotten that last out, you could save Ray until the 8th, rest JJ and go to Sherrill or rest Sherrill and go to JJ.

Now you have to use both on back to back nights and use Walker to boot. It's the little moves like these that burn out a bullpen over the course of a season.

The point is, had Uehara gotten that last out, you could save Ray until the 8th, rest JJ and go to Sherrill or rest Sherrill and go to JJ.

Now you have to use both on back to back nights and use Walker to boot. It's the little moves like these that burn out a bullpen over the course of a season.

It's the moves NOT MADE like that- that can sometimes turn into 2 out rallies that get another team back in the game.

Jeez- Izturis.. really man? Now... man o man

Archived