BA : Crow Sharper In 2nd Start, not so for Scheppers

Its still early for both guys, the key here is the fact that their velocity is good, the issues with Scheppers in this last start was command and not his velocity. He was hitting mid-90's regularly which is encouraging.

Its like they are pitching Spring Training currerntly so you expect command issues.

Yes it is ST for them though I wouldnt mind seeing Crow's fastball velo come around a bit more. Last year I believe he was in the 95-96 range, but then again it is ST and they were in St.Paul , it was probably pretty cold there....

Crow is in Texas, no? Fort Worth?

Waiting for the Scheppers bandwagon to turn into the Crow bandwagon in 4...3....2....1...

I've mentioned Crow as a possibility in the past month. I do not like him though. I think Scheppers is more projectable. I think Crow has a decent shot becoming a closer. My issue with Scheppers is his shoulder and his use of breaking balls.

They are rather close to each other and their indy status probably indicates both will sign reasonable deals.

I've mentioned Crow as a possibility in the past month. I do not like him though. I think Scheppers is more projectable. I think Crow has a decent shot becoming a closer. My issue with Scheppers is his shoulder and his use of breaking balls.

They are rather close to each other and their indy status probably indicates both will sign reasonable deals.

I agree. I like Scheppers's stuff/projection a tick better than Crow's. Without access to medicals he worries me a bit as well.

I agree. I like Scheppers's stuff/projection a tick better than Crow's. Without access to medicals he worries me a bit as well.

I have been advocating Crow since I started posting here, but as long as Sheppers is healthy, I see him as the better pitcher since they have similar stuff but Schep throws harder. Apparently Scheppers has a FB/CB/SL combo, anyone have any idea how good his slider and curve are, I know atleast one is plus, but do not know which one is.

:EDIT: After looking at Mayo's draft reports for a report on Scheppers, it says he only has 1 breaking pitch in his arsenal....fb/cb/cu but in the summary from BA on his last game it said he was throwing fb/cb/sl...I wonder which is accurate....

I agree on both fronts, I just love this time of year when the more casual guys will get behind someone like Scheppers and then he'll have a bad start and they will jump to the next guy, it always amuses me :) Sorry, I'm easily amused. :clap3:

Archived