What if the Nats select...

Ackley with the #1 pick and go with a pitcher at #11. What does this do to the draft??

Nothing at all. SEA would take Strasburg next which would just flip flop the first 2 and WAS will most likely be taking a pitcher at 10 regardless of what they do at 1.

Ackley with the #1 pick and go with a pitcher at #11. What does this do to the draft??

Are you hearing that this is a possibilty?

With how dysfunctional the Nats are, nothing they do on draft day would surprise me.

They said today on Fox the Nationals will take Strasburg. I think it's a mistake. There are other pitchers they can get in other rounds and in the off season. They don't score enough runs and should be going for the best hitter.

They said today on Fox the Nationals will take Strasburg. I think it's a mistake. There are other pitchers they can get in other rounds and in the off season. They don't score enough runs and should be going for the best hitter.
:rofl::rofl:

Letters.

JTrea disease is spreading.

The Nats have obviously been in contact with Boras and Strasburg. What if they're telling the team he'll stay in college another year, or go independent, rather than sign with DC for less than a a million gazillion dollars? Strasburg does have options here, other then a take it or leave it contract with the worst organization in 40 years. And after last year the Nats front office couldn't afford to call his bluff, and may figure it's best to go with their 2nd choice.

Not saying this scenario is likely, but it's not out of the question either.

This isn't the NFL and NBA, you can't draft players that will affect the team immediately. Now the only player that could possibly help the Nats in the short term is Strasburg and he's an extreme rarity. In reality, you should not draft for immediate help, you draft to stockpile your minor league depth in hopes that in 2+ years that player will have a positive impact on the major league level.

Each team in the top 10 more than likely has contingency plans in place for this exact situation. I'm pretty sure the Mariners don't let him slide past them, but if they do he could fall to us or the Braves and Tigers.

The Nats have obviously been in contact with Boras and Strasburg. What if they're telling the team he'll stay in college another year, or go independent, rather than sign with DC for less than a a million gazillion dollars? Strasburg does have options here, other then a take it or leave it contract with the worst organization in 40 years. And after last year the Nats front office couldn't afford to call his bluff, and may figure it's best to go with their 2nd choice.

Not saying this scenario is likely, but it's not out of the question either.

Well if he did that, WAS will have the 1st two picks in next year's draft and could just draft him again. Unless you're barred from selecting the same player in two drafts.

Well if he did that, WAS will have the 1st two picks in next year's draft and could just draft him again. Unless you're barred from selecting the same player in two drafts.

If you don't sign a player that player has to sign a waiver permitting you to draft them again next year, in that situation he would most certainly not do that. Like Scheppers and Crow who have not given PIT or WAS permission to redraft them.

Archived