6/24 Orioles at Marlins, Game 2

Skywalker76

I like Berken. I hope he wins 5 cy young's but Hernandez has better stuff and a higher upside. Berken shouldn't be here over Hernandez who has just been pulled after 4 perfect innings. If he's not hurt, he's on his way to Baltimore.

yeah but hernandez might be taking koji's place instead...

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just don't understand why you think Berken has lost his spot in the rotation.

It's not that Berken's so bad, I just think Hernandez is better. I was really impressed with what I saw from him. With Uehara's condition the question is probably off the table anyway.

Costner's three best.

1) Bull Durham

2) The Untouchables

3) No Way Out

No Way Out is fantastic. Good calls.

And, yeah, Dances w/ Wolves is terrible. I remember when The New Yorker reviewed and said he should've called it Fiddles w/ Camera.

It's not that Berken's so bad, I just think Hernandez is better. I was really impressed with what I saw from him. With Uehara's condition the question is probably off the table anyway.

True. I just think I would rather see Koji in the pen and Berken still up here. I like what he has done so far and I think he will get better. Will he stick up here next year? Not sure yet. But look at Berken compared to Liz, Olson and those batch of guys.

Clearly better, IMO.

Give Jones and Markakis another day..let them watch and get their heads straight.

You don't platoon guys with their kind of talent just because they go through slumps. You give them a breather every once in a while but otherwise you let them play out of it. As poor as AJ has hit lately, he is still sporting an .883 OPS on the season.

That said, is Luke going to get a start @ 1B this year or are they putting off that project? Would be nice to DH Reimold and get Pie in LF a little bit.

Archived