Who's your 2008 SS

bigbird

Isn't the PCL supposed to be a hitter's league? What effect does that have on the thinking on Hu and Wood? I was taken back looking at Wood's 2007 production. He's slipped.

He's only 22 and in AAA. Considering most prospects his age are in high A, that's still pretty good.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lillibridge, Wood and Hu are good SS prospects that may be available. However, Lilibridge is the most likely to be dealt, considering Wood appears to be the future third baseman ('08) for the Angels and Hu is being groomed to take over at SS in either '08 or '09.

With that being said, what realistic offer could be made to acquire Lillibridge?

Hmmmmm.....

Lillibridge, Wood and Hu are good SS prospects that may be available. However, Lilibridge is the most likely to be dealt, considering Wood appears to be the future third baseman ('08) for the Angels and Hu is being groomed to take over at SS in either '08 or '09.

With that being said, what realistic offer could be made to acquire Lillibridge?

Hmmmmm.....

Would the Braves want Cabrera? DCab for Lillibridge straight up...

Would the Braves want Cabrera? DCab for Lillibridge straight up...
I like SG's idea of a Tejada-Garland-Lillibridge swap. We'd probably need to get back a touch more, but that could be a good deal for everybody.

Then trade Cabrera for Milledge.

SG loves three-way scenarios, however, in my view three-way's are not nearly so common as simple team to team trades. Not that it's not possible, but I prefer to focus on more probable 2 way deals.

Cabrera for Lillibridge is certainly an interesting offer.

In your opinion, if you could deal Cabrera straight up for one of Lillibridge or Milledge, which would you do? Which has more value?

SG loves three-way scenarios, however, in my view three-way's are not nearly so common as simple team to team trades. Not that it's not possible, but I prefer to focus on more probable 2 way deals.

Cabrera for Lillibridge is certainly an interesting offer.

True, but we don't match up very well with the Braves and we do with Chicago.

Chicago likes Tejada, Atl wants pitching, seems simple enough.

Another option is to trae Tejada to Chicago (Cubs) and get back Ronny Cedeno and some others. Maybe Felix Pie for the OF? Then also trade Cabrear for Milledge and have an OF of Pie, Milledge, Markakis.

Another option is to trae Tejada to Chicago (Cubs) and get back Ronny Cedeno and some others. Maybe Felix Pie for the OF? Then also trade Cabrear for Milledge and have an OF of Pie, Milledge, Markakis.

Right..Plus Atlanta can let Garland walk after next year and get picks.

I would also look to send Bradford to one of the 2 teams, as both could use an additional BP arm.

In your opinion, if you could deal Cabrera straight up for one of Lillibridge or Milledge, which would you do? Which has more value?

Good question, but I'd go with Milledge. He has long been a top prospect as a CF'er and one that is ready to make an impact in '08. Lillibridge is certainly a target for me as well, but this is his first year of showing that he may be very for real. I'll take Milledge in a very close call.

Lillibridge & Wood are my favorites as well.

Here are some other names for discussion.

Reid Brignac (Devil Rays - 21yrs) - Good power, good speed, great arm. Has trouble with accuracy and has alot of errors, but that can be fixed. D-Rays are desperate for pitching, something we have in abundance. Brignac is a top 50 prospect.

Etanislao "Tony" Abreu (Dodgers - 22yrs) - Hitting .344 at AAA. Good speed. Good Arm. Lack Plate Discipline, but again this can be worked on. Dodgers have tons of depth at SS/2B in their system with Hu, Ivan Dejesus Jr & Preston Mattingley.

Sean Rodriguez (Angels, 22yrs) - Good power, used to get ARod comparisons. Lacks defense though, and might move to 2B.

Adrian Cardenas (Phillies, 20yrs) - Solid contact hitter. Might not have the quickness to stay at SS, could profile as a 2Bman.

Yeah, trading Miggy will be a high priority (one would think) this off-season, and what we get in return will seemingly be important as we look to contend in the yaers to come. We must get at least one near-certain ML ready position player in return for Tejada, at SS, 1B or OF hopefully.

This is a ridiculous, indefensible stand. Sorry, don't mean to come off as condescending or something, but the idea that a major league team can play someone as a regular at any position without regard to how terrible their offense is (and still expect to win) is ridiculous.

All of the real, hard evidence we have is that Luis Hernandez is a pretty good defensive shortstop. And a pretty good defensive shortstop might be 15 runs above average, or he might be five. But Hernandez' ceiling is almost certainly a hitter in the class of Paul Bako. He'd be lucky to be as good as Alex Cintron. Given 500 plate appearances that's a 50 run difference between Hernandez and this year's version of Tejada.

You simply can't win ballgames by starting players who can't cut it in AA with their bat. Ok, yea, sure, if you have five or six all star bashers in the rest of the lineup maybe. But it simply doesn't make any sense to dip into the 20 runs below replacement barrel to find a major league starter.

I can't believe I'm still arguing this point.

I knew you'd come around if I read more.

Isn't the PCL supposed to be a hitter's league? What effect does that have on the thinking on Hu and Wood? I was taken back looking at Wood's 2007 production. He's slipped.

I wouldn't want Hu/Wood. Who would?

(See what I did there?)

...But seriously, let's get them if they're available.

Hu sounds like a good option, I read somewhere that the Dodgers either offered or considered offering him for Dotel, so he might be available.

Wood is a solid option, as is Lillibredge.

My main problem with SG's 3 team proposal is I believe the WS turned down Renteria for Garland last month, who I'd rather have than Tejada. Maybe they feel differently, I don't know.

Hu sounds like a good option, I read somewhere that the Dodgers either offered or considered offering him for Dotel, so he might be available.

Wood is a solid option, as is Lillibredge.

My main problem with SG's 3 team proposal is I believe the WS turned down Renteria for Garland last month, who I'd rather have than Tejada. Maybe they feel differently, I don't know.

Are the Sox the one who turned that down?

I don't remember...Anyway, i am just guessing here but i think Williams would prefer Miggy....Could definitely be wrong but he has been after him for 2 years.

Archived