Milton Bradley and the Cubs

backwardsk

The Cubs knew what a loose cannon Bradley is. What did they expect, that he would change?

I'm just going to present my opinion, and that sure as heck doesn't mean I am right, but here is what I think.

I think that Sweet Lou had a lot to do with the feeling that they could handle Bradley. I think we all knew, even them, that he would flip out nearly every single day, but I think that the Cubs thought that Lou was the type of manager who could reel him in a bit. As we saw last night, when Lou has had enough, he has had enough.

That doesn't mean that Bradley will take this and learn from it, I think it means that either Bradley is gonna calm down or else because Lou is not the type of manager who is going to just sit there and take it.

Although my explanation didn't come across as I would have hoped, I think I got my point across.

If I had $30 million to spend on a baseball player, I sure wouldn't spend it on Bradley. You had to know this stuff would happen sooner than later.

I feel sorry for the clubhouse guy who has to deal with the water coolers on that team.

If I had $30 million to spend on a baseball player, I sure wouldn't spend it on Bradley. You had to know this stuff would happen sooner than later.

I feel sorry for the clubhouse guy who has to deal with the water coolers on that team.

Why? Job security! ;)

Archived