Orioles-Only: International Signings Thread (All Sano talk goes here)

Greg Pappas

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
According to Roch, McPhail isn't going after Sano...

Wrong. According to Roch, McPhail is waiting to see what MLB rules as Sano's official age. Clearly the team is still interested. We'd look awfully foolish if we ink him now and in 3 weeks MLB determines that he's 19 years old.

Wrong. According to Roch, McPhail is waiting to see what MLB rules as Sano's official age. Clearly the team is still interested. We'd look awfully foolish if we ink him now and in 3 weeks MLB determines that he's 19 years old.

Either way... I hope they sign him, would be a nice message to fans.

I wasn't holding my breath. There's no reason for the Orioles not to be players in the international market.

And you don't know that we won't be players in the international market.

What we do know is that Sano has been extensively scouted by Stockstill and his staff, and the interest seems to mutual. There's too much buzz to say that the O's will not be in the market. Let's let it play out for a few days.

And you don't know that we won't be players in the international market.

What we do know is that Sano has been extensively scouted by Stockstill and his staff, and the interest seems to mutual. There's too much buzz to say that the O's will not be in the market. Let's let it play out for a few days.

There are lots of good Latin players. I hope we're not putting all our scouting eggs in one basket. If we don't come up with Sano then are there any other top talents that we're in the running for, or will be left with the dregs that we usually get in this market?

There are lots of good Latin players. I hope we're not putting all our scouting eggs in one basket. If we don't come up with Sano then are there any other top talents that we're in the running for, or will be left with the dregs that we usually get in this market?

I agree there is a lot of talent to be had in the DR, but I don't know what other names we've been associated with. Signing Sano would be an absolutely huge moment for the O's on so many levels, and it makes too much sense to try and land him. In the unfortunate circumstance that we do miss out on Sano, I hope that we are able to make a run on 100K-type talent (even though I think to really make progress we should find the funds to sign as much talent in addition to Sano as we can.)

I still think there's a good chance that we sign Sano, or at least we'll be a final player in his sweepstakes. Until evidence presents itself that states that we are no longer in the running, I'll believe that we've got a good shot at adding him to our organization.

Archived