I'm ready for new leadership, you?

Fan4Life

Ready for new Leadership?  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Ready for new Leadership?

• Yes
    • Not yet

I voted "yes" because I thought you meant leadership of the Hangout Community. If not, well, never mind.

I don't see any point in changing anything today. At the end of the year, DT has no contract and anything is possible.

What's your complaint about the leadership of the Hangout?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I voted "yes" because I thought you meant leadership of the Hangout Community. If not, well, never mind.

I don't see any point in changing anything today. At the end of the year, DT has no contract and anything is possible.

This, I hope, is a joke...the "leaders" of the hangout community do a better job than any of us could even hope to do. Let's not go down this road.

From Roch..

OK, now about that baserunning...

I can't put much blame on the coaching staff. Players are trusted to use their instincts in the field. The responsibility falls upon them

If this is how MLB functions as a rule and not just specific to the Orioles, then I have to take back my annoyance on DT.

http://masnsports.com/2009/07/the-baserunning-blunders.html

Now, does someone really believe that what happened on the Roberts play was Trembley or Samuel fault?

Brian Roberts was thrown out in the same inning while trying to score on a wild pitch. Here's what he told reporters afterward:

"Just before the pitch, [third base coach Juan Samuel] said, 'Watch the pitch in the dirt,' I tracked the ball on the way in and then I saw it go in the dirt, but from my angle I lost it for a second and froze because I wasn't sure exactly where it was. That split-second probably cost me a little bit.

"I thought it was really close. The replay, I don't know. I watched it a couple times, but it was hard to tell."

per Roch

Now, does someone really believe that what happened on the Roberts play Trembley or Samuel fault.

per Roch

My comlaint isn't about one play, or two plays, it's about what's become usual for a team that should be better than it is. As I posted before you, Roch explains the players are responsible for the baserunning, not the coaches. I presume this is a baseball wide thought process else it could explain our issues as opposed to the rest of the league. Otherwise, our base-running intelligence is at the low end of the league.

You do understand, don't you, that he has done the exact opposite?

2006: -0.4 EQBRR (Perlozzo)

2007: -2.4 EQBRR (Perlozzo/Trembley)

2008: -16.5 EQBRR (Trembley)

2009: -17.4 EQBRR (Trembley, though 92 games)

I realize that there's personnel changes from year to year so you can't necessarily say each year's team was comparable to the next. But still, that's very dramatic deterioration on Trembley's watch.

No, I don't pretend to know exactly what Trembley does in spring training or any other time to drill his players on baserunning. All I really know is, it isn't working, and it's getting worse all the time.

Archived