I'm ready for new leadership, you?

Fan4Life

Ready for new Leadership?  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Ready for new Leadership?

• Yes
    • Not yet

The vast majority agrees with you. I like AM and DT. I think AM has done an A- to B+ job while DT is in the C range. Problem is I expect better from his team. Baserunning, pop flies, things that should be a no brainer, seem to be rocket science to us. I just want a team on the field I can be proud of, win or lose. This season they have embarrassed themselves, the organization and us, the fans more often than they should.

You don't think MacPhail and Trembley see what is going on? You betcha they do and I'm sure it has been discussed between the two and it will be dealt with at the end of the season. Trembley can talk to the players until he's blue in the face, but the simple fact is that once a player is at the ML level, they should have the smarts to play the game. Mora is not gonna get better running the bases. Huff is not gonna change...

I'm sorry but fining players $500-$1000 for stupid mistakes that make millions is not the answer. Sitting a player for a game or two? I don't think that is the answer either.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You don't think MacPhail and Trembley see what is going on? You betcha they do and I'm sure it has been discussed between the two and it will be dealt with at the end of the season. Trembley can talk to the players until he's blue in the face, but the simple fact is that once a player is at the ML level, they should have the smarts to play the game. Mora is not gonna get better running the bases. Huff is not gonna change...

I'm sorry but fining players $500-$1000 for stupid mistakes that make millions is not the answer. Sitting a player for a game or two? I don't think that is the answer either.

This certainly is not a "call out"...I am just simply curious. What would be the answer to you?

Ok. 50 games into 2010 if you see this same disfunction going on, what will you say?

This certainly is not a "call out"...I am just simply curious. What would be the answer to you?

First I'd addressed it with the players in private. If things persist, than maybe a little one liner in post game press conference like Trembley has done in the past. There is only so much that Trembley can do.

I do not believe that Davy Johnson or Earl Weaver could make some of the players on the team, no matter what they do. The bad players will be addressed this off-season, hopefully anyway.

First I'd addressed it with the players in private. If things persist, than maybe a little one liner in post game press conference like Trembley has done in the past. There is only so much that Trembley can do.

I do not believe that Davy Johnson or Earl Weaver could make some of the players on the team, no matter what they do. The bad players will be addressed this off-season, hopefully anyway.

I'm going to address something that I don't know for certain, but one has to think Trembley has addressed these problems in private until he has become blue in the face. Don't you think? :confused:

It ain't the same game that it was when we had Cal Sr. and the Oriole way. Now you get a bunch of $ml+ bonus babies who can hit, run, and throw; it's hard for a bunch of MiL coaches making chicken feed in comparison, to force them to learn the "niceties", when they can get by without them.
But it's the young guys on our team that are fairly fundamentally sound, despite making mistakes on rare occasions. And the others came up when the signing bonuses weren't nearly that big.

I'm going to address something that I don't know for certain, but one has to think Trembley has addressed these problems in private until he has become blue in the face. Don't you think? :confused:

But there could be something that he's not doing. We don't really know.

I still want him as the O's coach.

Yeah I do, and Trembley has called players out in the post game press conferences. Is Mora gonna get better running the bases? Is Huff gonna not fall asleep at 1st everyone and a while? I don't know what else Trembley can do. Liker I said, Johnson or Weaver could not make some of the players on the team to be baseball smart. hopefully it will be addressed in the off-season.

What if Mora and Huff is still on the team in 2010 and they still continue to make mistakes. Who's fault is it than? Not Trembley's...

Presuming Dave doesn't have any input on their return, I'll agree. But we've seen baserunning blunders by a lot more players than just those 2. Who's responsible for them? Not to mention the fielding blunders.

It ain't the same game that it was when we had Cal Sr. and the Oriole way. Now you get a bunch of $ml+ bonus babies who can hit, run, and throw; it's hard for a bunch of MiL coaches making chicken feed in comparison, to force them to learn the "niceties", when they can get by without them.

I'm not sure this is a fair point. I would wager that a bunch of the guys who have made it onto our ML roster were not "$ml+ bonus babies." Zaun and Wigginton were both 17th round picks. Huff 5th round. Scott 9th round. Izturis and Mora I believe were not very highly regarded amateur free agents. I doubt they got anything more than what a 4th or 5th round pick would get, at best.

Just to give you an idea, slot bonus for the last pick of the 5th round this year was estimated to be roughly $155,000. And that's this year. What do you think it was 11 years ago when Aubrey Huff was drafted?

The money doesn't HAVE to have anything to do with it at all. If you make running the bases and the playing the field the right way something you require to move to the next level and especially to make it to the big leagues, you don't think that will have an effect? Great, you made a $150,000 bonus, but now you're getting paid $20,000 a year and sitting on eight hour bus rides. If you didn't care about getting to the next level, why wouldn't you just quit? Because you want to make the $400,000 ML minimum and have a shot at the millions. Well, earn it.

Presuming Dave doesn't have any input on their return, I'll agree. But we've seen baserunning blunders by a lot more players than just those 2. Who's responsible for them? Not to mention the fielding blunders.

I've got to put this on the players themselves. As you have said, neither Earl nor Davey...you know the rest. :D

I voted "yes" because I thought you meant leadership of the Hangout Community. If not, well, never mind.

I don't see any point in changing anything today. At the end of the year, DT has no contract and anything is possible.

Archived