I'm ready for new leadership, you?

Fan4Life

Ready for new Leadership?  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Ready for new Leadership?

• Yes
    • Not yet

I think part of my problem is that I just can't believe these guys can make it to the ML level without knowing these things. I don't understand how that happens. These guys have had to have played a few years in the minors not to mention probably a dozen years before that. If they just don't know, that's kind of sad.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think part of my problem is that I just can't believe these guys can make it to the ML level without knowing these things. I don't understand how that happens. These guys have had to have played a few years in the minors not to mention probably a dozen years before that. If they just don't know, that's kind of sad.
It ain't the same game that it was when we had Cal Sr. and the Oriole way. Now you get a bunch of $ml+ bonus babies who can hit, run, and throw; it's hard for a bunch of MiL coaches making chicken feed in comparison, to force them to learn the "niceties", when they can get by without them.

Well, as many of us in the game thread were disgusted to see 2 successful hit and runs where the lead runner would not look to the 3rd base coach to know whats happening, instead, tried to locate the ball themselves, retreating some... then... having to hustle to 3b. Izturis would have scored.

The pitch locations tonight I thought were horrible. Throwing inside as much as we did was a trainwreck waiting to happen. This isn't the first time I've thought the game calling was horrible. It's more usual to me than unusual.

So yes, I am ready to replace DT.. hate to say it but he isn't able to get the results he desires out of this team.

For what its worth...Trembley said neither Izturis nor Reimold would have scored on those plays.

For what its worth...Trembley said neither Izturis nor Reimold would have scored on those plays.

Yeah, I agree. It's hard to score when you don't pick up the ball, slide into second when you don't have to, wander around second, then figure out it's time to run.

This. How come this isn't one of the choices? This would get my vote.

I suppose because superior or not, the Yankees didn't win that game, we gave it to them. We have done that a lot this year, last year, and the year before. The Yankees entered the 9th inning with 3 hits. Generally speaking, we outplayed them. On the details, we blew it, again.

Let me get this straight...the Orioles just lost a 2-1 pitchers duel to the MF Yankee$ (and longtime Orioles killer Andy Pettite) because two of their LH hitters launched balls into the Albert Speer ATM/Airport Lobby jet-stream in right center while only one of ours did, and (some of) you guys see that as a reason to fire Trembley and/or MacPhail? Seriously? I mean...seriously??? :scratchchinhmm:

You have caught the mood of part of the board perfectly.

Yeah, I agree. It's hard to score when you don't pick up the ball, slide into second when you don't have to, wander around second, then figure out it's time to run.

I'm out here in California so i only saw replays. Roberts' ball looked like it could have been caught then landed right on the foul line. So in Izzie's mind he was:

Stealing

Crap ball might get caught

Crap was that fou...CRAP FAIR GO!

I think it was a case of being too cautious, you know after Trembley got on them for being too reckless.

I'm ready for the reactionary threads from us losing to a far superior team 2-1 to end and be merged into one giant reactionary thread.
Need to see how the team ends the year but in all likelihood, yes it is time for a change..but not during the season.

That's Priceless

I'm out here in California so i only saw replays. Roberts' ball looked like it could have been caught then landed right on the foul line. So in Izzie's mind he was:

Stealing

Crap ball might get caught

Crap was that fou...CRAP FAIR GO!

I think it was a case of being too cautious, you know after Trembley got on them for being too reckless.

It shouldn't be up to Izzy to make all those determinations... that's what Juan 3b Coach Samual is for. :D

No.

And let me make this clear so that I am within board rules here...

No one here is stupid, not even close. This whole idea is stupid. Revolving door managers year in and year out hurt this team a lot more than people may think. At this point this team may just need some flippin' stability. "Oh look, new year, new manager." Yeah that's getting old.

I think Trembley should stay, AND I think AM is doing a fine job in the front office. If we hire people year in and year out there will never be a plan, and there will never be enough time to execute a plan. Let the current regime play it's plan out. Let's not just pull a "Nationals" here and expect by changing leadership that all of the sudden the "Nationals" will turn into the "Dodgers" because guess what, it's not going to happen.

Just sayin...once again...no one on here is stupid, but this whole regime change idea in a nutshell is pretty stupid.

No.

And let me make this clear so that I am within board rules here...

No one here is stupid, not even close. This whole idea is stupid. Revolving door managers year in and year out hurt this team a lot more than people may think. At this point this team may just need some flippin' stability. "Oh look, new year, new manager." Yeah that's getting old.

I think Trembley should stay, AND I think AM is doing a fine job in the front office. If we hire people year in and year out there will never be a plan, and there will never be enough time to execute a plan. Let the current regime play it's plan out. Let's not just pull a "Nationals" here and expect by changing leadership that all of the sudden the "Nationals" will turn into the "Dodgers" because guess what, it's not going to happen.

Just sayin...once again...no one on here is stupid, but this whole regime change idea in a nutshell is pretty stupid.

Nobody said anything about regime change although you may have interpeted it that way. I love DT, but he isn't getting the job done. Roughly a third of the posters are feeling the same way, so I can't think the questions is as stupid as you suggest without attaching that to those who agreed with it.

Nobody said anything about regime change although you may have interpeted it that way. I love DT, but he isn't getting the job done. Roughly a third of the posters are feeling the same way, so I can't think the questions is as stupid as you suggest without attaching that to those who agreed with it.

I would never call anyone on the board stupid. That is board suicide. I would never call you stupid, and I don't wanna fight with ya buddy. :D If I interpreted anything other than how it was meant to be interpreted than I do most certainly apologize.

I do however stand by my statement that I do believe it is not the time for new leadership. Some people I feel are just impatient. We have changed leadership within the organization multiple times over the past 10-15 years and it hasn't gotten us anywhere. We can change leadership all we want, but until on the field talent changes, then nothing will change.

When it comes to Trembley and AM, I think they should remain where there are until in Trembley's case it is evident he has lost the clubhouse, and in AM's case he has seen his "plan" through" and it has failed.

What this organization needs right now is stability...not more change. Change is not always the answer. (There is a political joke in there somewhere I know it...but I'll keep the politics off the board). :P

I do however stand by my statement that I do believe it is not the time for new leadership. Some people I feel are just impatient. We have changed leadership within the organization multiple times over the past 10-15 years and it hasn't gotten us anywhere. We can change leadership all we want, but until on the field talent changes, then nothing will change.

When it comes to Trembley and AM, I think they should remain where there are until in Trembley's case it is evident he has lost the clubhouse, and in AM's case he has seen his "plan" through" and it has failed.

The vast majority agrees with you. I like AM and DT. I think AM has done an A- to B+ job while DT is in the C range. Problem is I expect better from his team. Baserunning, pop flies, things that should be a no brainer, seem to be rocket science to us. I just want a team on the field I can be proud of, win or lose. This season they have embarrassed themselves, the organization and us, the fans more often than they should.

The vast majority agrees with you. I like AM and DT. I think AM has done an A- to B+ job while DT is in the C range. Problem is I expect better from his team. Baserunning, pop flies, things that should be a no brainer, seem to be rocket science to us. I just want a team on the field I can be proud of, win or lose. This season they have embarrassed themselves, the organization and us, the fans more often than they should.

And I my friend, agree with you. Every time they make a baserunning error or drop those pop flies I often wonder what fundamentals DT is preaching, or is he preaching them and this team just doesn't care, which would lead me to one of the criteria for a regime change for me (a lost clubhouse).

I am on he borderline on this because...well...to be honest, the past few managers have quite frankly "lost" this team too, and if we replace Trembley, rest assured somehow, someway, the next manager would sooner or later lose the clubhouse too. There are many things that I could go into here that would open a can of worms, which I wont discuss, but I will mention.

1. What players have been constant in the clubhouse through this period where every managers seems to lose the players?

2. How do you discipline these players? Do you take the Rshack approach and do it quietly, in private. Or do you do what I agree with and what Tony "seems" to endorse (I DO NOT want to put words in Tony's mouth), and do something a little more in public.

All being said, that last paragraph is not what this thread is about.

In conclusion, I am for stability within the organization for now...for better or for worse!

Archived