I'm ready for new leadership, you?

Fan4Life

Ready for new Leadership?  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Ready for new Leadership?

• Yes
    • Not yet

Pitch locations? We gave up 2 runs to the MFY's. The pitching was fine.

I disagree... just because they didn't take advantage of it MORE often than they did, doesn't mean it was a good plan. They nearly hit several out down the RF line. That last pitch to Matsui was just plane stupid. I've seen us make similar pitches to Giambi, BOOM, and the player for the Nats, where Sherrill pitched him inside 3 consecutive pitches, pulled it down the line... BOOM game over. This happens far to often. Had we thrown 2-3 pitches to the outside corner and missed or Matsui fouls them off, then sure, you have to keep him honest and go inside eventually. We didn't do that..

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I disagree... just because they didn't take advantage of it MORE often than they did, doesn't mean it was a good plan. They nearly hit several out down the RF line. That last pitch to Matsui was just plane stupid. I've seen us make similar pitches to Giambi, BOOM, and the player for the Nats, where Sherrill pitched him inside 3 consecutive pitches, pulled it down the line... BOOM game over. This happens far to often. Had we thrown 2-3 pitches to the outside corner and missed or Matsui fouls them off, then sure, you have to keep him honest and go inside eventually. We didn't do that..
"That last pitch to Matsui was just plane [sic] stupid" implies that you think Johnson meant to throw it directly down the middle. How likely do you think that is? It clearly was a problem of execution, not Jim being stupid. He made a terrible pitch and it lost us the game. Crap like that happens, even to excellent relievers like JJ.

Hey Big Mac,

Patience hasn't won us anything in over a decade. If the little things are being carried out then someone is responsible. Who runs the ship?? The players or the coaching staff??

HAve you ever coached?? Coaches ARE responsible to make certain the little things get done and done right!! OR IT IS THEIR JOB TO LOSE!!!

And you know this from all the fines and benching of repeat offenders you've seen work wonders for other teams? Certainly not from any actual understanding of the intricacies of a major league clubhouse.

It always amuses me to see that fans and outsiders who think they know exactly how they'd "whip this sorry bunch of losers into a group of winners". Its like they think the movie Little Big League was a freaking documentary.

I really don't care if the players feel warm and fuzzy about the clubhouse attitude. These men are being paid a ton of money to get it right. At some point everyone is accountable. If you don't hold them accountable then the same stupid plays will continue to be made and nothing will improve. And I was always taught that improving was the goal.

"That last pitch to Matsui was just plane [sic] stupid" implies that you think Johnson meant to throw it directly down the middle. How likely do you think that is? It clearly was a problem of execution, not Jim being stupid. He made a terrible pitch and it lost us the game. Crap like that happens, even to excellent relievers like JJ.

I disagree here. Wieters moved inside you could see it before Johnson threw the pitch. Matsui has one thing on his mind there jerking the ball to right field. You don't pitch to a hitters strength in that ballpark in a tie game. Make Matsui hit the ball to the big part of the field.

Me thinketh your giving too much credit to the Yankees. They are hitting a ton of HRs in their new ballpark. Not because they are good, because of the ballpark. Anything they hit has a chance to go out.

Damon - 16HRs, 12 at home

Cabrera - 8 HRs, 7 at home :eek:

Rodriguez - 18 HRs, 13 at home

Cano - 13 HRs, 7 at home

Jeter - 10 HRs, 8 at home

Matsui - 15 HRs, 10 at home

Texeira - 23 HRs, 15 at home

Posada - 11 Hrs, 7 at home

Looked like it was inside to me, Matsui is a pull hitter. So whether it was meant to be inside and he missed, or it was inside is irrelevent. Weiters setup inside. If you're going to miss, that's not the area to do it. As I said, I believe they should have went outside. If JJ misses then, ok, that's ok JJ. This isn't a one time siutation, it happens a lot. This team loses in the most dramatic ways over and over. Is that a coincidence, or is there more going on?

Need to see how the team ends the year but in all likelihood, yes it is time for a change..but not during the season.

Why let Jones, Wieters etc, keep learning under a lame duck manager?

If Trembley isn't the answer, it's time to stop pretending he is and move on. Make the break now and show the players that the results under DT are not acceptable.

Me thinketh your giving too much credit to the Yankees. They are hitting a ton of HRs in their new ballpark. Not because they are good, because of the ballpark. Anything they hit has a chance to go out.

Damon - 16HRs, 12 at home

Cabrera - 8 HRs, 7 at home :eek:

Rodriguez - 18 HRs, 13 at home

Cano - 13 HRs, 7 at home

Jeter - 10 HRs, 8 at home

Matsui - 15 HRs, 10 at home

Texeira - 23 HRs, 15 at home

Posada - 11 Hrs, 7 at home

That was kinda of my point. Considering what you've stated, when designing a game plan, I wouldn't think pitching to the inside corner on Tex and Matsui should be the primary weapon. Because as you say, if they hit it, good chance it's going out. Same for our guys naturally. We hit several down that corner as well.

If Trembley isn't the answer, it's time to stop pretending he is and move on. Make the break now and show the players that the results under DT are not acceptable.

As opposed to having them learn under another lame duck manager?

What difference does it make?

DT deserves a chance to finish the season UNLESS the team revolts against him or something like that...As of right now, there is no signs of this.

Because he's not necessarily a lame duck manager. I think Trembley's fate will be determined by how the Orioles fare down the stretch. If they're competitive and don't collapse like usual, he'll be back. If they underachieve, he's gone. No decision has been made yet, one way or the other.

Archived