HORRIBLE call Blue!

Mooreisbetter27

Okay, so we all know that the umps have been horrible this season, but we also seem to often think that it's only going against us. Now I'll agree we've been on the bad end of a lot of bad calls, but let's not kid ourselves... other teams do too.

I think this topic should be designed to point out all the horrible calls made to a team NOT named the Orioles so that we can maybe put it into perspective that the MLB isn't against us, but they just hire really incompetent umps.

I realize we don't see every game, but any time you hear of a call or see it on sportscenter, or even if it's to a team we're playing... post it in here.

My first post will be about the Twins game last night. Did anyone see this? 1st and 2nd... 2 outs.. Twins down 14-13. Passed ball and the guy tries to score from 2nd as the catcher can't find the ball. He finds it and throws to home and they call him out for the last play of the game. Now you be the judge. Was this player out -

http://a323.yahoofs.com/ymg/ept_sports_mlb_experts__32/ept_sports_mlb_experts-427078610-1248168741.jpg?yml8xmBDtdrgGgvp

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was a garbage call. No doubt in my mind the ump couldn't see and made the ruling based on the ball beating Cuddyer to the plate. I'm really tired of lazy umpires making calls based on where the runner is when the ball gets is received. I know it's sort of the unwritten rule, but you just have to try harder to get in position on that play.

• 3 weeks later...

This is just the umpire being a douche. Hell, Rollins did just as much as Victorino. He wanted to make a scene.

If I were the commissioner, I wouldn't do much public, but I would be calling that umpire into my office tomorrow morning (get him on the red eye, I don't care) for a good screaming-at.

Holy... what... the...

Okay that's the first time I've seen that. Honestly, that play is something that should get an ump suspended for a game. I mean holy cow, how do you forget you called a K and in that mistake, have it account for a completely separate out?

Wow.

Holy... what... the...

Okay that's the first time I've seen that. Honestly, that play is something that should get an ump suspended for a game. I mean holy cow, how do you forget you called a K and in that mistake, have it account for a completely separate out?

Wow.

Here's the kicker -- five pitches later LA's Casey Blake hit a 3 run HR to plate both runners who shouldn't have been on in the first place.

I'd fire that ump in heartbeat.

Archived