Justin Turner

Bibleman

Rather have a 24 year old prospect then a former All Star lead off hitter that is annually among the league leaders in doubles, stolen bases and runs scored? Considering all of the Roberts hate going around here in the last month, I'd say people who want to ship off our starting second baseman in favor of a guy that's maybe in our Top 10 prospects is a hasty judgment.

So in other words you disagree with his post? Fair enough... so, why couldn't you just say that rather than rudely reply?

Way too many posters are taking pot-shots at other posters that they disagree with... and it's uncalled for. Either ignore a post you disagree with, or respond in a manner that's more suitable for the board.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This guy is really having a good year. He's hit everywhere he's been. Where does he fit in next year with the Orioles? He'll be 25 years old all of next year. Is he trade bait? To be honest, I'd rather see him playing 2B next year for the O's instead of Roberts. I'd hate to lose him, unless we can package him in a deal for a bona fide starter or a slugger. Thoughts?

Why would you rather see Turner over Roberts, when Roberts is the better player?

You don't have to worry about losing Turner. He will be protected on the 40 man roster this coming off-season and the Tides are playing him at 2B/SS/3B so he could turn into a decent utilityman. He won't hit enough to play 3B though, so he isn't a realistic option there. Turner also doesn't have enough value, even as a 3rd piece, to get a good starter or slugger.

People are really using a lot of words that they don't know the definition of on this site recently.

The definition of reactionary is ultraconservative, which this post most definitely isn't.

Did you get this from an on-line dictionary? Maybe it means ultraconservative as a minor, rarely used meaning, but BBBM used it correctly in so far as he thought BM was voicing an opinion due to Robert's recent play, and the performance of the team.

Reactionary means what we all use it to mean.

re- Latin prefix for "back" or "again"

actionary - from actum meaning "done"

reactionary: done in response to

I have no doubt that there is some definition along the lines of "in or according to a reaction", which would then require you to look up "reaction".

What I don't like is when posters think they are better than others and in an attempt to prove their greaterness, bungle it all up.

Did you get this from an on-line dictionary? Maybe it means ultraconservative as a minor, rarely used meaning, but BBBM used it correctly in so far as he thought BM was voicing an opinion due to Robert's recent play, and the performance of the team.

Reactionary means what we all use it to mean.

re- Latin prefix for "back" or "again"

actionary - from actum meaning "done"

reactionary: done in response to

I have no doubt that there is some definition along the lines of "in or according to a reaction", which would then require you to look up "reaction".

What I don't like is when posters think they are better than others and in an attempt to prove their greaterness, bungle it all up.

If this is the definition you are running with then almost everything discussed on this board is reactionary.

Rarely is a thread hijacked and derailed with more haste then this one.

I'm more interested in the possibility of Turner playing 2b next year.

Is he a defensive upgrade for Roberts? I'd give him some time to let his bat come around if he shows more range then BRob.

Can Roberts be traded for an offensive upgrade at 3B?

Can Roberts play 3B next year? :scratchchinhmm:

Is he a defensive upgrade for Roberts? I'd give him some time to let his bat come around if he shows more range then BRob.

Roberts probably can't be traded for an offensive upgrade because of the size of his contract, especially in comparison to the economic market.

While an interesting idea, Roberts can't play 3B for the same reason he was moved from SS; he doesn't have the arm strength to throw across the diamond.

Don't think Roberts has the arm for third, but its a very interesting idea that I hadn't even considered. If Turner > Mora and Roberts can handle third, then this would be a very very interesting option.

Don't think Roberts has the arm for third, but its a very interesting idea that I hadn't even considered. If Turner > Mora and Roberts can handle third, then this would be a very very interesting option.

Roberts doesn't have CLOSE to a strong enough arm for 3B as Crazy mentioned. Potentially Turner and Roberts could be close offensively, but Turner doesn't have Roberts speed. The best case is Turner shows he could handle SS, worst is we have the next Jeff Reboulet.

This response is absurd.

If you believe it is absurd, what is your reasoning?

The definition you posted is "done in response to.." Almost all comments, sans the option years post, is done in response to some action or statistic from a ball player. Reactionary posts under that definition could be SG or Frobby posts talking about slumps players are having, because that is indeed done in response to the players struggling.

If you believe it is absurd, what is your reasoning?

The definition you posted is "done in response to.." Almost all comments, sans the option years post, is done in response to some action or statistic from a ball player. Reactionary posts under that definition could be SG or Frobby posts talking about slumps players are having, because that is indeed done in response to the players struggling.

Semantics aside, I think we've all agreed that the unwritten definition of reactionary on this board is "hastily and/or irrationally done in response to..."

This thread is not hastily done in response to BRob's play as of late, nor is it completely irrational to think that BRob should be replaced by someone. All the OP says is "what about Turner, he's doing well".

What I don't understand is why people get so pissed when someone creates a reactionary thread. What's the big deal? People act like it's some sort of lower life form of a person who would let their emotions of the moment get the best of them.

I guess the rationale is thinking that everyone should know better than to make reactionary threads since they tend to only reflect upon one time occurances, usually go off the deep end in terms of disowning the team, burning effigies of certain players, loud sobbing and temper tantums etc, and wind up being completely unrealistic and incorrect.

We should know better, but we don't. Speculation can be fun sometimes. This thread is not reactionary.

Roberts doesn't have CLOSE to a strong enough arm for 3B as Crazy mentioned. Potentially Turner and Roberts could be close offensively, but Turner doesn't have Roberts speed. The best case is Turner shows he could handle SS, worst is we have the next Jeff Reboulet.

This is what Im thinking, slide him over to SS and see how well he does, he was hitting well for us in ST.

Archived