8/10: A's at O's

PaulFolk

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Crowley's approach assume all other pitchers are morons and that teams don't scout you.

If they know you have an aggressive approach, and will "expand the strike zone" they will take advantage of that. But he's a former Oriole, so that trumps results.

Jesus Jones... just make contact for the love of God.
That would be too easy. And he might not look cool. If he had only done what Nick did we would have had a run. Unfortunately for Nick, he forgot there were two outs and he had to get a hit.:rolleyestf:

I'm a big AJ fan, but at bats like that are ample evidence that he is still a very young hitter. He has some absolutely awful at bats against lefties and some putrid ones with guys on third and less than two outs.

Those kind of ABs are less-and-less common. Hopefully that trend will continue. He's never going to be Wade Boggs, but his approach is better.

What concerns me is when Jones losses the athletic ability to foul off pitches on which he's fooled. He makes contact sometimes and it makes me wonder how he did it. Someday he'll no longer have such quick reflexes.

Archived