Taillon Updates

Wow, he averaged more than 2K's per IP, thats ridiculous and against better than normal HS competition.

Yeah, great showing for sure. Just as a point of reference, our 18U team usually beats up on the international competition. I'd say he faced better kids this summer on the showcase circuit, though the competition could be diluted at times, depending on the particular showcase.

Yeah, great showing for sure. Just as a point of reference, our 18U team usually beats up on the international competition. I'd say he faced better kids this summer on the showcase circuit, though the competition could be diluted at times, depending on the particular showcase.

Yeah, I dunno about at showcases, but I was more referring to normal HS competition. Remember earlier this year at the end of the HS season, Matzek really didnt K many hitters(considering being labeled #1 HS arm), and that was just normal HS competition, which I udnerstand it varies, but I cannot imagine varsity HS competition being stronger than Pan-AM Games competition.

I dunno, Taillon is looking more and more like he should be the 2nd one off the board every time I read something else about him....

Yeah, I dunno about at showcases, but I was more referring to normal HS competition. Remember earlier this year at the end of the HS season, Matzek really didnt K many hitters(considering being labeled #1 HS arm), and that was just normal HS competition, which I udnerstand it varies, but I cannot imagine varsity HS competition being stronger than Pan-AM Games competition.

I dunno, Taillon is looking more and more like he should be the 2nd one off the board every time I read something else about him....

Yeah, I would assume your bolded statement is correct.

I know nothing about this guy, but do people feel we will be able to get him at 3?

If you do a quick search here youll find everything you need to know about him. Stotle did a very in depth report on what he saw from Taillon. Hes 6'7 and already filled all the way in. Throws a mid 90's fastball that can touch 97+. He also has a monster hammer curveball. He has a slider and changeup which both project to be atleast above average. Stotle mentioned that he has amazing body control for his age and size. This guy was the most dominant pitcher in the showcases this summer and it continued with the PanAm Games. He is the complete package and has drawn comparisons to Kershaw and Beckett and labeled as the best HS arm since Porcello...Thats what Ive heard in a nutshell...

And yes I personally believe he will be available to us at pick #3. I think Harper will go #1 and Pitt will take a college guy IMO leaving us with the option of taking Taillon. Im more worried that JJ wont take him, but I really hope he does, IMO its hard to ignore what this kid has become....

Archived