Adam Jones wins Gold Glove

jerios55

Nooooo, all this says is that Roch heard the same rumors we have.

Rumors are not fact.

Now watch, come Monday, if he wins the award, SOMEONE's going to come back and say "See, we told you he had won the award!" but in advance, no, you still don't know, because there's nothing offical. It's all just words.

I'm told that it's true...

I think that's a little more than you suggest.

If it is true, congrats Adam. Based on the past history of the award, it really doesn't matter that you deserve it. What matters is that the voters hold you in such high regard.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Covering more ground does not make you the best player. The best player with the glove is Izzy. Pie in center is very good, in left not as good.

The more I see of Adam's arm and range the more I would like to see him in left. Adam will likely hit enough to play left on a regular basis and I just think that it is centerfield or bust for Pie. At least in terms his ability to start on a long term basis. I'd love to see guys try to tag on Jones in left and Markakis in right. Pie reminds me of Damon minus the fact that Damon is a better hitter at this point. Reimold may hit enough to DH and spot start at first, but I think I would look to deal Scott and Reimold in a package fairly quickly.

The more I see of Adam's arm and range the more I would like to see him in left. Adam will likely hit enough to play left on a regular basis and I just think that it is centerfield or bust for Pie. At least in terms his ability to start on a long term basis. I'd love to see guys try to tag on Jones in left and Markakis in right. Pie reminds me of Damon minus the fact that Damon is a better hitter at this point. Reimold may hit enough to DH and spot start at first, but I think I would look to deal Scott and Reimold in a package fairly quickly.

Scott and Riemold together... haven't heard that one yet. Does that mean your okay with Montanez as the 4th OF, or are you signing somebody else???

Anyone see this on Roch's blog....

Ian Oland said:

You heard some rumblings? You can't give the local orioles blog community credit for finding this, Roch? I love you man, but come on.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What local Orioles blog community would that be? And careful what you're accusing me of, love or no love. I heard it from someone earlier today but didn't have confirmation beyond a MySpace page. And no, a posting on McSpace isn't confirmation. Are you telling me only a "local Orioles blog" is privy to this??? - Roch

November 7, 2009 11:20 Pm

Someone on here tried calling him out and fell flat :laughlol:

I can't believe all the friggin whining here. People here whined when Sherrill was selected to the All Star team last year, and yet he was a major contributor to the AL victory. AJ was selected this year, deserving or not, and had a very good at bat and an important sac fly. Now, somehow, a bunch of people voted for him the Gold Glove, deserving or not. Was it just a pity award for the team with the third worse record in the AL?

IMO, O's fans should be happy when any of their players get an award or doing something positive.

My only hope/and or concern, is that as an All Star and a Gold Glover at such a young age, that it doesn't go to his head and he still works on improving his game and becomes a team leader. He can be a great role model for those coming up. This team needs some players to be recognized as good and not just a team that fills the division for the Yanks and Sox.

So, congrats to him and the O's for getting him in the first place.

Wait a sec... are we believing AJ got a GG? And we're believing that because it says so on myspace? Do I have this right?

Of course... because if it's on the internet, it must be true. ;)

To me, the worst part of Adam Jones (potentially) winning the GG would be if Markakis doesn't win a GG too.

Scott and Riemold together... haven't heard that one yet. Does that mean your okay with Montanez as the 4th OF, or are you signing somebody else???

I meant one or the other in a package, not both. For the record, 4th outfielders are not that hard to find. Go get Dye and that would take care of that nicely. We are falling in love with our guys a little too much IMO. The right deal with the right player coming back and three quarters of the team is available.

I meant one or the other in a package, not both. For the record, 4th outfielders are not that hard to find. Go get Dye and that would take care of that nicely. We are falling in love with our guys a little too much IMO. The right deal with the right player coming back and three quarters of the team is available.

Dye had a UZR of about -1000 last year.

Anyone see this on Roch's blog....

Ian Oland said:

You heard some rumblings? You can't give the local orioles blog community credit for finding this, Roch? I love you man, but come on.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What local Orioles blog community would that be? And careful what you're accusing me of, love or no love. I heard it from someone earlier today but didn't have confirmation beyond a MySpace page. And no, a posting on McSpace isn't confirmation. Are you telling me only a "local Orioles blog" is privy to this??? - Roch

November 7, 2009 11:20 Pm

Someone on here tried calling him out and fell flat :laughlol:

Looks like he was referring to Camden Crazies. This is the same Ian Oland on Schmuck's blog:

Just wondering why you couldn't give Camden Crazies credit for posting this to the masses first, Pete. Thanks for trying to confirm.

I can't believe all the friggin whining here. People here whined when Sherrill was selected to the All Star team last year, and yet he was a major contributor to the AL victory. AJ was selected this year, deserving or not, and had a very good at bat and an important sac fly. Now, somehow, a bunch of people voted for him the Gold Glove, deserving or not. Was it just a pity award for the team with the third worse record in the AL?

IMO, O's fans should be happy when any of their players get an award or doing something positive.

So, congrats to him and the O's for getting him in the first place.

Two years ago, about a month or so before the Red Sox won the World Series, I was on the Sons of Sam Horn message board and I was shocked at how much negativity was there because the Red Sox had lost a few crucial games.

People were saying that Francona should be fired and that Ortiz and Veritek should be traded, and it was a LOT OF FOLKS saying that stuff. I shook my head and thought to myself, "wow, I'm glad that the OH isn't like that. At least we can be happy for our guys."

And now this... IF HE WON a GG why in the hell are some of us complaining about it? I don't understand this at all. I can't believe that someone actually types that he didn't "deserve" it. WHO CARES! Its an Orioles player who - if they are smart enough to sign him to an extension - can be a very crucial part of our team and community for a good long time and because he wasn't the best defensive outfielder we are sitting here complaining that he might have gotten an award?

Yes, I do understand what the Gold Glove is rewarding, but for the love of Pete, let's just be happy for the guy. Remember the colors he wears? Remember that he has stated that he wants to catch up to the Yankees and beat them on his Twitter page?

http://twitter.com/THE_ADAM_JONES

He is developing pride and fire about being an ORIOLE and we can't even back off of the needless criticism long enough to realize that we have something special in Adam Jones. He is an Oriole player that is interested in BEING HERE WHEN WE GET GOOD. From bottom to the top. He ISN'T SOME MERCENARY jerk that is waiting for the best deal to come down the pike so he can take off and win a ring quicker.

Just remember this stuff because if the day comes he signs with the Yankees or whomever, think about how pointless it was to trash the fact that he won an award.

MSK

Two years ago, about a month or so before the Red Sox won the World Series, I was on the Sons of Sam Horn message board and I was shocked at how much negativity was there because the Red Sox had lost a few crucial games.

People were saying that Francona should be fired and that Ortiz and Veritek should be traded, and it was a LOT OF FOLKS saying that stuff. I shook my head and thought to myself, "wow, I'm glad that the OH isn't like that. At least we can be happy for our guys."

And now this... IF HE WON a GG why in the hell are some of us complaining about it? I don't understand this at all. I can't believe that someone actually types that he didn't "deserve" it. WHO CARES! Its an Orioles player who - if they are smart enough to sign him to an extension - can be a very crucial part of our team and community for a good long time and because he wasn't the best defensive outfielder we are sitting here complaining that he might have gotten an award?

Yes, I do understand what the Gold Glove is rewarding, but for the love of Pete, let's just be happy for the guy. Remember the colors he wears? Remember that he has stated that he wants to catch up to the Yankees and beat them on his Twitter page?

He is developing pride and fire about being an ORIOLE and we can't even back off of the needless criticism long enough to realize that we have something special in Adam Jones. He is an Oriole player that is interested in BEING HERE WHEN WE GET GOOD. From bottom to the top. He ISN'T SOME MERCENARY jerk that is waiting for the best deal to come down the pike so he can take off and win a ring quicker.

Just remember this stuff because if the day comes he signs with the Yankees or whomever, think about how pointless it was to trash the fact that he won an award.

MSK

I thought you had your nefarious answer already.

MSK

If certain posters on this board can criticize and lambast Brian Roberts for not, "hustling," and a certain poster can continually redicule and berate Nick Markakis without merit and base/an ever changing list of reasons that are without merit despite the fact that these are the two best position players developed by the Orioles in almost 30 years, then we can both congratulate and critique Adam Jones and his defense and whether or not he truly deserved an award that is in most cases bogus, even if.

Archived