ACC/Big 11 Challenge

PaulBako

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
UVA is horrible. Losing to Penn State at home? :rofl:

Yeah, no program in the ACC would lose to a team from the Big Ten at home.

Especially not one with a guy who is First Team All-Big Ten and dropped 30 points.

NO, I'm sure most ACC teams would rather play American or Morgan State. No ACC team would ever lose to either of them.

Don't say something intelligent about the game about how Sammy Zeglinski almost helped pull off an incredible comeback by draining a ridiculous array of circus 3's and how Tony Bennett played the last two minutes of a game as well as it can possibly be done. No, let's just throw out "UVA is horrible" and leave it at that.

:rolleyes:

Goodness calm down. Although it was a nice comeback, UVA is still not a very good offensive team. Penn State is not very good either, but Taylor Battle is really good. But he is pretty much the only good player on PSU's team.

Well if you had come out and just said that that's fine, even though I think Mike Scott is a very good offensive post player for us, he just has to stay out of foul trouble, and Landesberg could start for anyone in the ACC.

Nothing bothers me more than someone just saying ___ is horrible or ____ sucks and just leaves it at that. Especially when it wasn't some embarrassing loss. UVA is in the first year with a new coach, they were picked to finish 11th in the league. This is all about getting his system in place, obviously they aren't going to be a great team this year.

I'm more upset about handing over home court to the Big Ten more than anything. It'll suck if UVA is the reason the ACC drops their first challenge.

Why do they still call this a challenge? Shouldn't it be like the "ACC Ownage of the Big 10"?

Only in the Challenge. The Big 10 overall did just fine against the ACC last year - including the tourney and Mich beating Duke right after the Challenge.

The Big 10 has had some lean years with a horrid Mich progam, an average IU program and a poor Purdue team in Keady's last years. All three progams have much better days ahead.

OSU, Mich State, IU, Michigan, Purdue, Minn (as long as Tubby stays), Illinios and Wisconsin will re-establish the B10 as a power bball conference soon enough - even if the Iowa program is never re-established.

Only in the Challenge. The Big 10 overall did just fine against the ACC last year - including the tourney and Mich beating Duke right after the Challenge.

The Big 10 has had some lean years with a horrid Mich progam, an average IU program and a poor Purdue team in Keady's last years. All three progams have much better days ahead.

OSU, Mich State, IU, Michigan, Purdue, Minn (as long as Tubby stays), Illinios and Wisconsin will re-establish the B10 as a power bball conference soon enough - even if the Iowa program is never re-established.

After Duke had already beaten them and Michigan was at home, playing the biggest game of the year for them and their students.

The little 10 may actually win the challenge this year but I wish the ACC would play a real conference in this...I would like to see a Big East/ACC challenge.

I would like to see a Big East/ACC challenge.

I would too. There have already been some good games in tournaments. Marquette and UConn disappointed me and Syracuse impressed me against ACC competetion. I'd love to see a lot more matchups between the two conferences.

I would too. There have already been some good games in tournaments. Marquette and UConn disappointed me and Syracuse impressed me against ACC competetion. I'd love to see a lot more matchups between the two conferences.

The Big East is likely stronger at the bottom but it would depend on who faces who..in other words, which 16 teams play in the tourney? Does Depaul play, for example?

But some more up the upper echelon matchups would be nice.

3-3 going into tonight.

Have to like the chances of Clemson and Duke tonight although going into Wisconsin won't be easy.

Have to like the chances of Michigan beating BC at home.

So, FSU/OSU and Miami/Minn should decide it.

Sucks for the ACC that GaTech wasn't in the challenge.

Well, BC and Miami win...while Clemson does the biggest choke job you will see....What a stupid basketball team they are at times.

Duke or FSU needs to win now.

Singler looks absolutely unbelievable tonight.

Going into the Kohl Center is never easy, and this looks like your typical hard-nosed, very well coached Wisconsin team.

Archived