Feliz Signs with Astros

ChaosLex

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How about Brandon Inge?

I said in the other thread, I think Inge had surgery on both knees this offseason. That being said... I don't know about in real life, but Inge has C eligibility in fantasy baseball. Could be the emergency backup. And still hits a ton in streaks.

That we "missed out" on Feliz? I do value defense but do we really need another all defense no offense type of guy? I can understand the whole he would help out our young guys with the glove but wouldn't a bat help out just as much?

To get a bat that could help them as much as his glove would cost a lot more. Nevertheless, this exactly my case for Beltre. What if you could get twice the glove and add the bat in the middle of the order at the same time? He is worth what he is going to cost, given out the age of our rotation and his glove, in my opinion.

To get a bat that could help them as much as his glove would cost a lot more. Nevertheless, this exactly my case for Beltre. What if you could get twice the glove and add the bat in the middle of the order at the same time? He is worth what he is going to cost, given out the age of our rotation and his glove, in my opinion.
Beltre and Boras want 4-5 years at $10-12 mil. per. You think he's that good and we need him at much with Bell in AAA. Personally I'd rather have Kouzmanoff.

How upset would everyone be if Andy finds all 3b options not worth it and sticks with Wiggy? The main thing for me obviously is not blocking Bell.

Bell:

Joshua Bell, 3B, 6.06, 288/370/455

According to his website, Bell has “enchanted audiences worldwide with his breathtaking virtuosity and tone of rare beauty” for more than two decades. Apparently, he’s turned his attention to baseball as of late. Bell was acquired by Baltimore from Los Angeles (N) in the George Sherrill trade. He posted a wOBA of .397 in Double-A last year. He’s currently slashing .320/.404/.500 in the Arizona Fall League.

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/index.php/five-surprise-hitting-projections-from-the-bill-james-handbook-2010

http://www.fangraphs.com/statss.aspx?playerid=paS05009&position=3B

It sure seems like a safe bet, pop still limited, but the reviews seem prominent. Would it not be more logical to sign Beltre and if Bell makes the leap have trade chips? I have seen so many prospects hit Triple A and stall for a lifetime. I'm not terribly disappointed if the idea is to wait with Wiggy, I do think Bell will pan out, but just better safe than if sorry if possible. Bell could add some clout to a trade later for a need when it is "go time," ummhmmm Felix.

Archived