Feliz Signs with Astros

ChaosLex

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As much as it pains me to think of Wigginton as our everyday 3b next season I didn't see Feliz as an upgrade. And I'm still hoping we can work out a Pie/Gordon swap...

What he said. I am hoping beyond hope that a deal can materialize with the Royals, and we can end up with Gordon.

PS) I think we should be a bit more agressive in our pursuit of Beltre, now that the Sox are out of the mix. I just don't want the Os to give him a 4 year contract. I say throw a ton of money at him for 2 yrs. If he wants more contract security show him the door.

How are the Red Sox out of the mix? They might be trading Lowell, and then offering Beltre a contract, and keep Youk at first. Did you hear they're out of the mix?

What he said. I am hoping beyond hope that a deal can materialize with the Royals, and we can end up with Gordon.

Maybe its me, but I really hope we don't end up with Gordon. I think that Bell is a better prospect out of he and Snyder, so shouldn't we be looking for a long term solution at 1B and a stop gap at 3B if people agree with me here?

I realize that KC would be making a bad move to trade Butler, but I would toss in the extra parts to get him if possible and then we have a long term solution at 1B. Throw them Pie, Snyder, and a lower level arm and see what makes them bite. Get a 1-2 year guy for 3B and let Bell make progress and show up when he's ready.

He wants to come here!?!?!?

Crede must be desperate. :laughlol:

This is from the Baltimore Sun article about thrid base..

Another of Scott Boras' clients, Joe Crede, is interested in playing in Baltimore, but his durability issues - he has played in fewer than 100 games three straight seasons - are likely too problematic for the Orioles to overlook.

PS) I think we should be a bit more agressive in our pursuit of Beltre, now that the Sox are out of the mix. I just don't want the Os to give him a 4 year contract. I say throw a ton of money at him for 2 yrs. If he wants more contract security show him the door.

The Sox traded Lowell to the Rangers so that they can pursue Beltre.

Archived